15-18

☆ 15. Ownership of eyes

Belonging to the Eyes

"Is it okay, Ranpo?" Enoshima Shimokawa asked softly, her hand pressed towards Edogawa Ranpo's eyes, Edogawa Ranpo had to close his eyes, and his eyeballs felt like they were being pressed hard. feeling of swelling.

Regarding Enoshima Shimakawa's words that he wanted his own eyes, Edogawa Ranpo was not surprised or panicked. Instead, he felt relieved that "it's finally here."

Enoshima Shimakawa's unusual thinking pattern was revealed in his childhood.

If you love, then you must firmly control it in your own hands and belong only to yourself.

Edogawa Ranpo remembered that at that time, Enoshima Shimakawa had a 30-centimetre-tall, lifelike humanoid doll with ball joints made of ceramics. It was given to Enoshima Shimakawa by her mother on her ninth birthday. Birthday gift for her.

Regarding this doll, Enoshima Shimakawa is most satisfied with the delicate hands and the fiery red eyes of this humanoid doll. During that time, every time Edogawa wandered to Enoshima's house as a guest, he could see Enoshima Shimagawa playing with the doll there. One person and one doll could be said to be inseparable.

Then one day, when Edogawa Ranpo visited Enoshima's house as usual, he found that the doll that always accompanied Enoshima Shimakawa was missing.

"Where did A Yuan go?" A Yuan was the name given to the doll by Enoshima Shimakawa.

Edogawa Ranpo looked at Enoshima Shimakawa's empty side and asked casually without paying much attention, but Enoshima Shimakawa solemnly took out a palm-sized box. When Edogawa Ranpo saw the box, he already had a rough guess in his mind, but when he actually saw the contents of the box, he was filled with an indescribable feeling of complexity.

Neatly placed in the box were a pair of delicate little hands and a pair of fiery red eyes that Edogawa Ranpo had seen many times. These are all parts of the humanoid doll A Yuan.

As for the other parts of this humanoid doll, needless to say, they are probably already broken into pieces.

"Why did you take off A Yuan's hands and eyes?" Intuition told Edogawa Ranpo that Enoshima Shimakawa's behavior was wrong.

"Because I like Amoto's hands and eyes the most." When Enoshima Shimakawa said this, his face was full of innocence, and he said very matter-of-factly: "But compared to being vulnerable to the outside world, it is still I have to take it off separately and store it properly. And in this case, A Yuan's eyes and hands will always belong to me alone." Feeling the increasingly heavy pressure on his eyeballs, Edogawa hurriedly took it back

. In his own thoughts, he began to be glad that he was not A Yuan's humanoid doll that couldn't move or speak. Moreover, before actually gouging out his eyes, Enoshima Shimakawa asked him for his opinion.

Things haven't reached an irreversible point yet.

Edogawa Ranpo raised his hand and grabbed Enoshima Shimakawa's fingers that were pressing on his eyes. He opened the eyes that had been pressed for so long that it took him a while to regain normal vision. Edogawa Ranpo held Enoshima Shimakawa's hand, and looked at Enoshima Shimakawa affectionately with his green eyes: "If it were Shimakawa, I would be willing to give you my eyes. "