81-84

☆ 81. Son of Destiny

The Son of Destiny

looked at Xia Youjie with an expression of disbelief on his pupils. The corners of Edogawa Ranpo's mouth slightly raised, but soon he suppressed the curvature of his mouth and faced him with a straight face. Gojo realized: "Okay, now you can take this fool away."

Hum, Master Ranpo is very vindictive. If he hadn't relied on Gojo Satoru's power to return home later, he wouldn't have said to Xia Youjie, "Go and experience a world without cursed spirits."

With great power comes greater responsibility, and why only with magical power can one be a family member like himself. It would be enough to change his identity and look at it from a different perspective.

After throwing the troublesome figure Natsu Youjie to Gojo Satoru again, Edogawa Ranpo planned to leave with Enoshima Shimokawa, but then he was stopped by Natsu Youjie.

"This... Mr. Ranpo." Xia Youjie said after careful consideration: "Is what you just said about a world without curse spirits true?" Since Edogawa Ranpo can make him lose his curse power, then let the curse Doesn’t it seem impossible that spirits disappear from this world?

Xia Youjie looked at his hands. He no longer has the power of the curse. It stands to reason that the curse spirits he has conquered over the years should have gone berserk, but judging from Gojo Satoru's performance, nothing seemed to have happened just now.

Except the spell on him was gone.

And he had a premonition that if nothing special happened next, he would forever become a "monkey" without magic power.

No, I should say...ordinary people?

But is a world where there are no magicians and no magic spirits but just ordinary people what he wants?

At this moment Xia Youjie was confused.

Edogawa Ranpo didn't answer Xia Youjie's question. He didn't bother to care about what Xia Youjie was thinking. The game just now was just for his own happiness. He had no obligation to answer Xia Youjie's doubts.

Xia Youjie's question didn't stop Edogawa from running away at all, but another person present shamelessly stood up and blocked Edogawa from running away.

His pale blue eyes looked straight at Edogawa Ranpo's narrowed eyes. Gojo Satoru had a careless smile on his face, but his tone was very serious: "Mr. Ranpo just said that Jie Go to the 'world without cursed spirits', right?"

After reading the information about the lucky goddess Enoshima Shimakawa, Gojo Satoru suspected that Enoshima Shimakawa and Edogawa Ranpo were from other countries. world, and just now, Edogawa Ranpo's words sealed his conjecture.

The deeds of Enoshima Shimakawa have been passed down from thousands of years ago to the present, and written records also show that although Enoshima Shimakawa always appears and disappears suddenly, she still slowly "grows up" as time goes by.

Assuming that she actually keeps traveling back and forth between the two worlds, and that one of the worlds is the world where she really lives, then everything will be explained.

If there were no cursed spirits in their world as Edogawa Ranpo said, it would indeed be a good place for Xia Youjie to recuperate.