CHAPTER-2 Crown Prince

"Been a while... Carol, Idris, Beth!"

A voice as frigid as the winter's breath, capable of thawing even the iciest hearts. Glistening strands of golden hair danced in the moon's gentle glow, cascading through the open window, while fiery crimson eyes peered down upon Carol, unmasking the man's chilling countenance.

Carol glares at him silently, with disgust and anger, as she covers the girl.

"Please don't judge me harshly. She initiated the interaction and I simply responded." The man rises to his feet, a self-assured grin on his face.

he continued, "Why exert effort when you feel overwhelmed? She struggled so much that she couldn't endure even a single round!"

Hearing those cold, heartless words struck Carol like a sharp dagger, leaving her utterly speechless. The weight of the words hung heavily in the air, freezing her voice and paralyzing her thoughts. In that moment, her mind raced, desperately searching for a response, but her lips remained.

"Why the silence? Have you perhaps forgotten about me since our last encounter?" The man gazes at Carol, a warm smile gracing his face.

Carol thinks.
HOW CAN I FORGET YOU, YOU BASTARD!
I HATE YOU TO THE CORE, AND YOU THINK I WILL FORGET YOU? WHY ARE YOU STANDING IN FRONT OF ME WITH THAT IRRITATING SMILE?
EVEN AFTER DOING SUCH A HEINOUS THING, HE STILL LOOKS SO PROUD.

"Your Highness, please forgive my ignorance for not immediately recognizing the distinguished crown prince. You are the radiant sun and the embodiment of our empire's future. As for this young lady, I was merely curious about her presence. Could she perhaps be your esteemed companion? If you permit, I would be honored to assist her in leaving this place," Carol offers her assistance sincerely.

"Who said you could help her?" A frigid voice pierces the air, accompanied by a withering glare that sends shivers down Carol's spine. Her body freezes in terror, as if caught in the grip of an icy hand.

"Your Highness, I couldn't help but notice that she is lying here in such a disgraceful manner. It deeply troubles me to think that her actions could potentially tarnish your esteemed reputation. My only intention is to express my genuine concern for you, my lord," Carol says, her smile carefully crafted to convey her utmost sincerity and to ensure your satisfaction, as the crown prince.

"That's precisely why I admire you, Carol. Your eloquence is truly remarkable. Undoubtedly, she is a disgrace, but why should the burden of helping her fall upon your shoulders? It was her own choice to approach me with that avaricious gaze, therefore she should be responsible for finding her own way back."

"Your Highness, forgive me, but I cannot help but express my concern for her well-being, As she looks very weak." Carol says, her voice laced with genuine worry.

"Of course, who do you think I am? Not many can keep up with me after experiencing a night in my company, let alone stand on their own two feet."

WHY ARE YOU SO PROUD, YOU A&&H@LE?!

"Carol, you just thought that I seemed a bit too confident about it."

YES, I DID. YOU SHAMELESS SHIT.

"No! Your Highness, I didn't think..."

"Well, your thoughts are hardly of any significance," The Crown Prince interjects, striding purposefully towards Carol.

LET ME SPEAK, YOU SHIT.

With genuine concern in his eyes, he gently grabs her hand and helps her stand.He releases her hand but keeps a comforting presence by her side.

"Carol, let's not keep you on the ground for too long, or we wouldn't want anything to spoil the elegance of your beautiful dress," the Crown Prince says with a charming tone, laced with a hint of flirtation.