CHAPTER-9 FRUSTRATION

“Marriage…? Me and… the crown prince…? No, he is the emperor now but… uhh. Never in my life did I imagine us together. All our life, he teased me and I hated him for that. Ugh… I don't know anymore,” Carol flops on the bed.

She rolls on the bed back and forth in frustration, covered in a bedsheet.

“I found a caterpillar,” Ragnarök enters the room, smiling in his half-undone white shirt,black pants and leather boots.

Looking refreshed, he comes to stand alongside the bed. He, along with the bedsheet, picks her up.

“What are you doing? Put me down,”

Carol swings both her feet, struggling in embarrassment. He dodges her punches.

“Wait a moment, I have something to show you,” he smiles and heads outside, carrying her in his arms.

“I know how to walk, put me down. Everyone's looking,” Carol gets embarrassed by the maids' whispers. But the whispers disappeared as Ragnarök gave them a deathly glare.

“Who cares if people see, we are not doing anything wrong,” his words assured her to calm down. She settles down in his arms, blushing up to her neck.

She tries to hide her face, leaning on his firm chest while holding his shirt.

What the hell is this? It's like my heartbeat isn't fast but running at full speed. Ah, I just want to disappear. He is so close! It's not my fault, it's his fault for being this handsome, Carol thinks.

“I know I am handsome,” he answers.

“What? Did I say it out loud?” Carol panics.

“I know I am handsome, so stop staring at me while drooling,” Ragnarök gives her a smug face.

Oh, shit! Calm down, you damn instinct, Carol thinks.

“Your Highness, I want to ask you a favor.”

“What is it?”

“Can I meet my family just once? I miss them.” Her saddened face, low voice, and the longing for her family made her sweet smile disappear.

“I apologize, Carol. But I can't make this happen.”

“Why?” She gets discouraged.

“Even if I pardoned them, they are still traitors,” he explains. “If the empire's own queen meets the traitors, this will only lead others to dare to do the same thing.”

“But my sister and mother weren't aware of the treason at all,” she tries to excuse her family.

“Can you one hundred percent say that is the case? Can you prove their innocence?”

“Then I can't prove my loyalty to you either, your highness. What if I was involved in treason as well?” Carol tears up.

A faint smile appears on his face as he says gently,

“You wouldn't do that, Carol. Now wipe your tears… Your mom and Chloe are with Baron Hemsworth, Chloe's fiancé. I suggest you wish them well from afar.”

She is heartbroken and miserable, but the fact spoken by Ragnarök leaves her speechless.

a while of walking, after passing the garden, Ragnarök stops and puts her down gently.

“What… is… this…?” Her eyes fill with excitement, making her smile from ear to ear.

A botanical garden developed inside the glass dome, with the chirps of different birds flying inside.