CHAPTER-11 First kiss of acceptance(END OF SEASON)

A few days ago,

"Listen, Chloe, Count Beth isn't in the normal prison where other criminals are. He is in the dungeon located in the most secluded area and has tight security. Even a bird can't enter without permission. Even if you pass that, Cerberus will be there."

In the Hemsworth mansion, Chloe and Grey plan to meet Count Beth in their study.

"Cerberus, who is that?" Chloe asks.

"He is a mysterious man who is only loyal to Ragnarök. In the military or the army, nobody knows him. Only Ragnarök can order him, and Chloe, you have to be careful of him the most. He is just like Ragnarök; he has no mercy. He is a bloodthirsty dog."

"So how will I go in there?"

"You can go to that tower with me, but to visit Count Beth specifically, we have to get Cerberus out of there.

The only way to do that is to surprise Ragnarök, enough for him to call Cerberus to his side. And the only situation he would do that is......"

PRESENT TIME:

"You have agreed now, no turning back, Carol,"

Carol held Ragnarök's hand as they walked inside the ballroom of the palace.

"I got it," she answered.

As they walked up the stairs, everyone in the hall glanced at the beautiful couple. The fierce Ragnarök, the monarch, wasn't his usual self.

He looked like a normal person beside Carol, not a threatening beast. Treating her gently, looking at her lovingly.

Nobody could say he killed thousands of people to reach there.

The grand, magnificent, and creamy bath stone was filled with lights, not leaving a corner dark. The smell of fresh flowers spread everywhere, just like a beautiful scenery.

Ragnarök was inaugurated into the palace by receiving the crown upon his head. It wasn't exaggerated, just simple, contrary to the previous ruler. The first dance was led by the guest of honor, which was usually the person of the highest social position, a member of the royal family.

"Do you even know how to dance?" she whispered as he offered his hands.

She bowed down a little, lifting her gown, and then took his hand.

"What do you think?"

He swung her and put his hand on her waist while holding her hand.

She snickered a little, "Don't step on my feet, dummy."

As the first ray of sun reflected on the deep blue ocean, and he smiled at her just as brightly as those rays.

He held her like something precious, someone he can't live without.
He pulled her closer, making her widen her eyes.

"You are the air I breathe, Carol. Without you, I will die..."

He whispered those words in her ear with his soothing and low voice, making her blush like a strawberry in winter.

As they reached the end of the dance, the last swing, the last touch of that dance.
As he put his hand on his chest to end their dance, she bowed to him while saying something that made his heart flutter for the first time.

"Then bear with me for the rest of your life... Stupid, 'Rubis'..."

Rubis is the name she gave him when he had no name, which she called him throughout their entire childhood. Thereafter, it was a sight that was memorable for every person present in the hall, Ragnarök laughing in front of everyone, with a little blush on his cheeks.