CHAPTER-17 Escape-part 2

A little while earlier,

Carol sat alone in her room, the silence enveloping her after the maids had finished their work for the day. The knight who had arrived earlier still stood in her room, His helmet, adorned with a tinted visor, concealed his face, adding an air of mystery to his presence.

The polished steel of his armor gleamed under the soft glow of the room's recessed lighting.

“Why are you still here?” she said, her irritation evident in her squinted eyes.

“Please, just leave.”

“ What, Lady Carol?
You want to get married so eagerly?”

Carol's attention was suddenly drawn to a familiar voice, causing her to turn her gaze towards the knight. As he removed his face armor, she couldn't help but feel a sense of intrigue and anticipation.

Sir Grey?” Her eyes widened in shock, seeing him. The sound that escaped her lips was a gasp, loud and filled with disbelief.

“Yes, it is me, My Lady.”
Carol was left in utter disbelief as she witnessed the seemingly impossible feat of entering the palace.

“How did you manage to enter, Sir Grey? Rubi… I mean, Ragnarök has significantly tightened the security.” She rose from her dressing table, her eyes widening in astonishment.

“I have my ways,” Sir Grey replied with a sly grin.

She gracefully stood up from her ornate dressing table, her eyes widening in sheer disbelief and astonishment.” Are you not, perchance, committing an act of treachery against the king? Such an act, for a knight of honor, would undoubtedly lead to dire consequences, even as severe as facing the unforgiving embrace of death itself.”

“It is said that being disloyal to the king is equivalent to death, but I have pledged my loyalty to the previous king. Unlike my family, I am not bound to the throne. However, for once, I want to do something for Chloe.”

“But we can't get out of here, Sir Grey!! The moment we step out of this room, we will be caught!” Carol exclaimed, her voice trembling with fear.

“Who needs to go outside when we have this stunning, shimmering pink gem right here?” Grey exclaimed, displaying the jewel in his palm.

“Is this… a magic stone? Its existence has long been dismissed as a mere legend, rendering it seemingly unattainable. How did you, Sir Grey, come to possess such a rare gem?”

She asks with a contagious mix of excitement and surprise, her voice brimming with anticipation.

“It holds great sentimental value as our cherished family heirloom. I had planned to present it to Chloe as a special gift on our wedding day.

This precious artifact was bestowed upon my great-grandfather by powerful witches many years ago, and now, the opportune moment has finally arrived to harness its true potential.”

“Sir Grey… You do know that Chloe hates witches, right? It's a good thing you didn't tell her about this magic gem!” A dumb expression comes across Grey's face, as if he has just realized what she said. His eyes welled up with tears as he found himself retreating to the corners of the room, consumed by memories of Carol's relentless bullying throughout their childhood.

In a feeble attempt to console him, Carol gently patted his back, all the while wearing a smug smirk on her face.

“Come on, Lord Grey, we need to leave immediately before anyone discovers us! Stop crying!” she urged, gently shaking him to help him regain his composure.