CHAPTER -10 CORONATION

Today is hell for me,  because today is Ragnarök's coronation ceremony. As his future queen, the maids aren't letting me go.

I know it's the royal palace, but it's ten times worse than my mansion. Every part of my body shines like a diamond; I look like a boiled egg.

“Sofia, give me a break. I am tired,” Carol weeps while the maids were doing her makeup.

“No can do, your highness. It's the bare minimum for the future empress. We didn't have enough time to prepare. As the head maid, it's our duty to make your and your highness's coronation perfect.”

“Haah… at least let me eat something. I want to eat bread. Servants only gave me fruits for the past few days,” Carol whines.

“After the ceremony, you can eat all you want. Until then, bear with it,” she says as Sofia tightened her corset.

“Ugh… I am going to die… Sofia, be gentle. Where is that useless king of yours? Where is he when I am suffering to death here?” Carol shouts in frustration.

"The Emperor is also busy preparing and looking after the aftermath of the war.
All those taking care of rebels left some nobles displeased with him.

And in the past, your majesty wasn't everyone's favourite.

I have been working here for 40 years now, but still, I am afraid of the emperor,” Sofia said as she adjusted Carol's dress.

“He can be scary, but when I am with him, more than fear, I feel safe. Maybe because I know he won't do anything to me ,” Carol thought.

“Now, for the most important thing…" A silence filled the room as the corset for Carol appeared.

“What the hell? I am not wearing this!” Carol shouted in agony, tries to get away.

“Language and manner, your highness the crown princess,” Sofia said as she held her hand, preventing her from running.

Four maids grabbed her so that they could fit Carol into the corset.
It was hard work, as Carol hated it and struggled.

After a while of struggling and exhaustion, they succeeded in making her wear it.

“If I die because of a lack of oxygen, you all are to blame,” she cried in frustration.

Her ceremonial dress was blue, as the kingdom's royal color was blue.
Nobody else was allowed to wear the blue color at the ceremony besides Carol and Ragnarök.

Today, at the ceremony, they will be bound together forever.

ON THE OTHER SIDE:-

“Is it really a good idea, Chloe?
You know how cruel and ruthless King Ragnarök is.
If he knew about you meeting with your father secretly, it wouldn't be a light punishment," Grey said in worry to Chloe, who was getting ready for the ceremony.

“I am not Beth anymore, I am a Hemsworth, the family of fearless knights. You expect me to sit back and see my sister suffer.

No! If you would rather not help me, I will find a way,” Chloe said angrily.

She sat at the dressing table annoyed.
Grey got close to her slowly, hugging her from behind.

“I said all this because I am worried about you.
Not that I am scared.....
Fine, if you want it, I will fulfill your request.
I'll find a way for you to meet our Beth,” he coaxed her and made a serious face.