CHAPTER-12 Truth of 'The monarch'

Destroy them all… Oh, heed my prayers… Tear them apart. I want to see their blood. Do not leave even one person alive.”

“You poor lost soul… I see, God has abandoned you. Now I shall grant you a favor.” A smirk appeared on the face of someone looking down on a crying woman.
.

.

.

“Then how was Ragnarök born?”

“I do not know, but his mother couldn't give birth for sure. Mysteriously, one day, she told me that she was with child while smiling. The child looked exactly like King Henry, with golden hair.”

“Then maybe… Perhaps she had treated herself,” Chloe says.

“No,” he shakes his head to deny her.

“Her uterus was burned with a poison brought by the witches. It was impossible for her to bear a child. I investigated it without telling King Henry that his wife couldn't become pregnant.”

“Then what, Dad?”

“I was unable to find anything, but he found Carol.”

“What do you mean, he found Carol? Is he in love with her?” Carol asks desperately.

Love? No, love can't explain it!
He is obsessed with her because he needs her.

Ragnarök isn't a human but a demon.
He can control them… His father's voice went low, as he didn't want anyone else to hear it.

“Them?”

“The evil beings from the other side. He can see what is unseen, they follow him and call him…'THEIR MONARCH'.”

He continues, “but everything has a limit, he also has a weakness. He loses control if he uses too much of his dark power. To subdue it, suppress it, he needs Carol.”

“Carol… why Carol?” Chloe, in a daze, says.

“Dad, you knew about it. That's why you took part in treason, right?” She shouts at him in anger.

“Forgive me, Chloe,” he cries, begging for forgiveness.

“Carol thinks he is a good guy because he pardoned us. She is going to marry him, dad. Your daughter will get married to a monster because of your reckless plan. She wouldn't have gone with him if not for your betrayal,” she shouts while crying.

“He killed all of his siblings who had the right to the throne, and I witnessed him using demonic powers to do so. Then, one day, he approached me and asked for Carol's hand in marriage.

When I refused, he threatened to kill everyone in our family if anyone else even dared to look at Carol.
At that time,

he was only 12 years old. Fortunately, King Henry noticed something was wrong and sent him off to war.”

Chloe suddenly realizes something upon hearing her father's words.

“So all those years when no one asked for Carol's hand in marriage… it was because of him?" She get stunned.

" Ragnarök killed any noble who even considered proposing to her. He is a murderer, a tyrant. He knew about the treason, he knew that the king and nobles were planning to kill him.

It was all part of his plan to control Carol and manipulate her. You need to stop him, Chloe. Take her away from him.”

A wave of realization washes over Chloe as she comprehends that her sister is under the control of a monster and in a dangerous situation. Her mind becomes tangled with thoughts, and she knows she must act quickly to protect her sister.