CHAPTER-21 Another beginning or end?

When he saw her smile so sweetly at Ragnarök, he felt really happy and couldn't find the right words to express it.

That moment, his eyes, ablaze with a captivating crimson hue, shimmered with an untamed brilliance, reflecting the sheer joy that consumed his being.

"Carol, are you not angry?" he asks, his face adorned with an innocent expression, as though he were oblivious to the fact that he was the very monster responsible for the devastating fire that engulfed the inn, claiming numerous innocent lives.

She remained silent, her eyes sparkling with mischief as she gestured for him to sit on the bed, her actions reminiscent of a playful child. Ragnarok, though initially confused, couldn't help but be intrigued by her enchanting demeanor, so he decided to oblige and listen to her.

They sat across from each other, Ragnarok's eyes brimming with unspoken inquiries. However, he made a conscious decision to remain silent, not wishing to dredge up painful memories of their past actions.

Carol released a joyous, childlike giggle as she playfully raised both hands to tousle his lustrous, golden-blond locks, her smile radiating warmth and affection.

Ragnarok remained motionless, a sense of urgency in her voice as she whispered, "Please, refrain from doing that!" She tilted her head once more, her voice filled with innocent curiosity as she asked, "But why?"

"Because...in doing so, I would be hoping for your forgiveness, a feat that I know is unattainable," he murmurs, his eyes closing in a pained expression.

He cast his gaze downward, his face contorting with pain. Witnessing his sorrow, Carol spoke in a gentle, soothing tone, "Rubis, please, look into my eyes."
As he absorbed her plea, he slowly raised his head and was met with the tender touch of her lips, sending a jolt of surprise through his body.

The unexpected gesture left him wide-eyed and speechless, caught off guard by the familiar softness of her kiss.
As their lips locked in a passionate embrace, she leaned into him with a fierce intensity, causing him to stumble backwards onto the soft mattress.

Carol tumbled gracefully onto Ragnarok, their eyes locking in a mesmerizing encounter.Ragnarök staring up at her in stunned disbelief.

"Carol," he whispered, his fingers gently threading through her long, black hair as she straddled him. "May I take it as a sign that you're not angry with me?" His voice was soft, filled with a tender vulnerability that spoke of his desire to connect with her on a deeper level.

"Rubis, I've been thinking. You're so good at everything, including kissing. I just can't seem to match your skills," Carol said, pouting slightly as she traced circles on his chest with her finger.

Her words shattered his rationality, like a fragile dam crumbling under the weight of a torrential flood. With a surge of determination, he rose up and gently pressed her on the bed, positioning himself atop of her.

Her lustrous black hair cascaded across the bed, a striking contrast against the pristine white sheets, as she reclined beneath him. Her captivating blue eyes locked with his intense crimson gaze, as if the very essence of fire was melting within his irises.

He lowered his head, drawing it nearer to her face, his voice filled with a mix of intensity and concern.

"Carol, I want you to know that if you want to stop, this is your final opportunity to do so."In the dimly lit room, desire radiated from his eyes, their sparkle captivating her.

With a deliberate motion, he removed his shirt, revealing a sculpted physique that heightened the allure of the moment.

She gazed intently at his battle-worn physique, adorned with scars that spoke volumes of his valor and resilience. A blush crept onto her cheeks as she delicately placed one hand over her heart, feeling a surge of timidity.