CHAPTER -6 ( PURGE-END)

Blood spewed everywhere, but it wasn't Carol's;

Leon's blood, flowing from his headless Ragnarok sword, stained the ground crimson. The graceful movements of Ragnarök seemed almost supernatural, defying the limits of a mere mortal. In a fraction of a second, with a single fluid swing, Ragnarök swiftly beheaded his opponent, cradling Carol tenderly in his arms.

"Good thing all of you are in one place, easy for me to clear out the filth."

Ragnarök swiftly flicked his sword, sending droplets of blood cascading through the air. A wave of terror rippled through the hall, igniting a frenzied stampede as panic-stricken individuals desperately scrambled towards the nearest exit.

"I wouldn't recommend going outside," Ragnarök smiled.

Carol's gaze shifted towards him, her eyes filled with a mix of curiosity and concern. However, her attention was quickly diverted to the chaotic scene unfolding outside. Her heart sank as she bore witness to the horrifying sight of innocent people desperately fleeing, only to be mercilessly cut down by an ominous army clad in black.

The opulent mansion reverberated with the resolute footsteps of soldiers, their presence permeating every corner. With utmost care, Ragnarök released his grip on Carol, allowing her to stand on her own, before striding purposefully towards the gathering of nobles. Sensing an opportune moment, Count and Countess Beth swiftly seized the opportunity, swiftly guiding Carol and Chloe away from the bustling hall, ensuring their safety and escape from the chaos unfolding within.

"Hurry, let's get out of here," Count whispers.

"But there are soldiers everywhere, how and where are we supposed to go?" Carol asks while running.

"Listen, Carol, it's clear that he's no longer the Crown Prince who used to playfully tease you. He has transformed into a monstrous being, driven by a insatiable thirst for blood. I implore you both to seek refuge inside the basement, where you'll find an escape route. Don't forget to bring your mother along. I'll do whatever it takes to buy you some precious time."

"What about you, Dad? We can't leave you," Carol's voice trembled with worry as tears welled up in her eyes.

She couldn't bear the thought of leaving her father behind, alone and vulnerable.Her father, struggling to maintain a brave facade, reached out and gently held her trembling hands.

His voice cracked with emotion as he tried to reassure her, "My dear Carol, you must understand that sometimes sacrifices need to be made for the greater good. I have lived a long and fulfilling life, and now it's time for me to protect and support you from afar."

Despite their refusal, the Count persists in urging them towards the basement. As he glances over his shoulder, a chilling sight greets his eyes - the formidable figure of death, ominously blocking his path.

"Count Beth, I am deeply grateful for your presence. You have spared me the inconvenience of having to search for you."

"It was only me, your highness. My "Your Highness, I beseech you to understand that I alone am responsible for this transgression. My daughter and wife, they are innocent and completely unaware of any wrongdoing," the Count implores, humbly prostrating himself before the noble figure.

With unwavering determination, Ragnarök unsheathes his mighty sword, poised to strike without a hint of hesitation. However, his motion halts abruptly as Carol fearlessly steps forward, shielding her beloved father from the impending wrath of Ragnarök's blade. Her voice resonates with fierce conviction as she cries out, a beacon of strength amidst the chaos.