CHAPTER-13 Preparation of wedding

“Wait a second, Your Majesty,” a voice came, causing them to pause in taking Chloe.

Grey knelt in front of Ragnarök to greet him.

“Your Majesty, forgive my rudeness, but Chloe is my responsibility. Please let me attend to her.”

With his fist on the ground while kneeling and eyes on the ground, he pleaded.

"But Lord Grey, royal physicians are the best to give her medical attention. It would be wise to let Chloe stay here,”

Carol, worried about her sister's well-being, furrowed her eyebrows and tightened her lips as she spoke.

"Indeed, my lady, royal physicians are the best, but Chloe isn't injured. She is just unconscious from shock. It would be good if she wakes up in familiar
surroundings,” Grey responded.

“How dare you deny her words?” Ragnarök growled. His red ruby eyes, like fiery gems, pierced through the night, captivating all who saw them. His gaze was mesmerizing, both fierce and bold, causing Grey to lower his head even further in fear.

“F-Forgive me, Your Majesty. It wasn't my intention. I deserve death,” Grey stammered, his whole body trembling in fear.

“No, it was my fault. You are right, Chloe doesn't like unfamiliar places. Please take her with you and care for her. Do inform me about her condition,” Carol interjected, her sad ocean eyes reflecting deep sorrow.

Her once brightened face turned cold like ice in sadness, knowing she could only be with her sister for a brief moment.Ragnarök didn't like seeing her downcast. Without saying a word, he gently grasped her hand and led her away from there.

Leaving the dark night behind, the sun began to rise above the horizon, casting its warm and golden rays across the sky. The sky gradually transitioned from dark hues to vibrant shades of pink, orange, and purple, creating a stunning display of colors.

.

.

HEMSWORTH MENTION:-

As Chloe opened her eyes, she gasped for air, her heart racing as if it were about to burst out of her chest. Sweat dripped down her forehead, and her body trembled with fear.

She had just woken up from a nightmare, and the images were still vivid in her mind. In her dream, she was being chased by a huge monster, and no matter how fast she ran, she could hear its heavy breathing and feel its hot breath on her neck.

She woke up with a jolt, and Lord Grey tried to calm her as he embraced her.

“It's fine, Chloe. You're fine! Nobody's hurting you, I am here.”Her heavy breathing lowered in his embrace, and the nightmare's shadow slowly left her.

“Lord Grey…" a hoarse voice came out of her mouth.

“Yes, I am here, Chloe,” He gently answered.

“Stop groping me,” She punched him angrily to stop his hands from roaming on her body.

“Come on, we were having a moment,” He said as he cried on the ground.

“Forget it, I am going to the castle,” She sprang up in anger, remembering yesterday's conversation with her father.

“Where? Castle? In a nightgown? Calm down, sweetheart. What did you talk about with the count? Tell me!”He gazed into her eyes with a serious expression, his voice filled with urgency as he asked.

“Please, I need answers. Can you tell me what happened?”She sat back on the bed and told him everything.

After explaining, he said, “I understand. I always had doubts, but your words confirm it.”
Grey replied as if he were thinking something.