CHAPTERS-20 Return to the palace

As Grey vanished into thin air, Chloe was overcome with a sense of emptiness. She felt like a madwoman, screaming at the top of her lungs. In a fit of rage, she unleashed her fury like a raging storm.
Before Chloe could react, Cerberus swiftly seized her, forcefully pressing her head against the unforgiving ground. Helpless beneath his grasp, she shot a fierce glare towards Ragnarök.

"Ragnarök, you dare not lay a finger on my sister!" Carol seethed, her voice dripping with fury, as she struggled against his grip. Her eyes blazed with an intense anger, her brows furrowed and her lips curled into a snarl.

Every fiber of her being radiated a potent rage.

"Cerebrus present this girl before the royal knights," he commands with a chilling tone..."so  that they may all have a taste of her." he utters with an icy detachment.

"Ragnarok... No... Ragnarök... Please, leave Chloe out of this... It was me who ran away... If you want to punish someone, punish me!" Carol's voice trembled with desperation, on the verge of breaking.

Tears streamed down her face as she desperately clung to Ragnarök's arm, pleading for mercy.

"I assured you, Carol, that I would never inflict harm upon you..." he smirked, relishing in the twisted circumstances. Carol's gaze shifted towards her sister, a shattered soul left in the wake of Ragnarök, and a fiery rage ignited within her.

Her gaze fell to the ground, her tears seemingly halted, and in a hushed voice, she murmured, "If it means freeing my sister, then cast me before the watchful eyes of the royal guards." In that moment, Carol relinquished her pride, allowing those painful words to escape her lips.

Upon hearing those words, Ragnarök froze in shock. His once smug expression vanished, replaced by a burning fury. Without a moment's hesitation, he seized Carol by her hair, consumed by his anger.

Carol winced in agony as Ragnarök drew her closer to him. "You despise my touch, yet you freely offer yourself to other men?" he snarled, his voice laced with a mixture of anger and hurt.

"I despise you with every inch of my body. The mere thought of you makes my blood boil. You have brought nothing but pain and misery into my life. You callously snuffed out the light of my beloved ones, leaving me shattered and broken. And now, you have the audacity to expect me to love you? Never.

I will never, ever love you. I would rather subject myself to being a plaything for a thousand men than spend a single moment in your wretched presence. You are nothing to me but a vile, loathsome person that I will forever detest."

He stood there, rendered utterly speechless, his once piercing crimson eyes now widened in disbelief as he locked his gaze with hers. In that moment, a profound ache resonated deep within his heart, as if it were being torn apart by an invisible force.

"For the sake of these people, you are willing to go to such extraordinary lengths," he uttered, his voice filled with a mixture of resignation and anger.His fingers instinctively tightened around the hilt of his swords, the weight of his resolve palpable in the air. he drew out his gleaming blades, their polished surfaces reflecting the dim light of the moon.

Ragnarok released Carol's hand and strode purposefully towards Chloe, the ominous black mist enveloping him like a shroud. Despite Carol's desperate cries for him to stop, he remained resolute, deaf to her pleas.

With each deliberate stride Ragnarök took towards Chloe, Carol's heart plummeted, consumed by a whirlwind of fear, anxiety, and helplessness. She found herself utterly powerless, unable to intervene or protect her beloved little sister.