CHAPTER -8 KING AND QUEEN

"Carol Beth is indeed dear to me, but there is another reason for me to exonerate the Count family.”

“Another reason…?” Confused Isabella murmurs.

“Birtholt, bring him,” Ragnarök orders.
After a while, Birtholt brings a beaten-up man and throws him at Ragnarök's feet.
Upon seeing the man's face, the color drains from Isabella's face. She runs to him in a panic.

“Grey, who did this to you?” She shouts as she runs to hold him on the floor.

“Duke Raisen Rouse, do you know this person?” Ragnarök, in a loud and growly voice.

Isabella's father, West Duke Raisen Rouse, comes forward and kneels in front of him.

“I ask for mercy, your majesty… my daughter is still young and naive.”

“I asked you something, Duke Raisen,” Ragnarök says with a ferocious glare, frightening the whole court and making the Duke shiver.

“He is Isabella's personal knight,” the Duke answers.

“Is it just that?” Ragnarök asks.

“...He seduced my daughter, your majesty. It's all this lowly commoner's fault. Please show mercy, your majesty. Our family always supported you. I am the only cousin of the king and your only relative left,” he whimpers like a dog at Ragnarök's feet.

Ragnarök smirks and kicks him away, making him fall on the ground rolling.

“ If you can't say it, I will.
It is your daughter's little lover and the father of her unborn child.”

Hearing Ragnarök's statement, chaos spread through the court.

“......unborn child?
     Isabella!!” The Duke shouts in anger.

“What was I supposed to do?
Who'd want to marry a monster?” Isabella screams in anger, crying.

“Your daughter dared question my way of ruling. She said I was unfair when she is carrying a commoner's child in her body. Moreover, she came to the court, acting like she cares about me while belittling me. Even if she is of royal blood, she is now nothing but a fallen noble.”

Ragnarök takes out his sword and throws it in front of the duke.

“Duke Raisen, I give you a chance to prove your loyalty to me. Take this sword and kill both of them right in front of everyone.”

“But your majesty, how can I......?
She is my daughter!” he says while crying.

“ Is that so? Then I have to kill them along with you and your whole family.
Your son could have been a great minister for the palace, but what a shame.” Ragnarök bent to pick up the sword, but Duke held the sword before he could.

“ You have to promise me,...... my son's future!” The Duke says as he steps toward the man and Isabella.

Ragnarök goes to Carol, who standing in the corner scared, as she remembers the yesterday's trauma.

He covered her eyes and whispered in her ears.

“ Don't look, don't listen.” Carol tightly held his which was covering her eyes with both her hands.

“ Dad, what are you doing??
Dad, don't do it. I am your daughter. Don't listen to him.......DAD” Her screams Echos the entire court and after her, Duke stab the lifeless man lying on the floor.