CHAPTER - 4 (PURGE PART - 1)

"Then come to the palace and take care of him."

"Ugh... don't make me puke. Who wants to stay with you?" Carol blurted out without thinking.

After a little while, she realized what she had said.

"Y...your highness... I didn't mean to..." Carol said, looking scared at the crown prince's reaction.

The crown prince didn't seem bothered; instead, he smiled.

"I don't mind you talking to me like that, Carol. After all, we are childhood friends," the crown prince said with a grin.

LIKE HELL WE ARE!
ONLY YOU THINK THAT, YOU BULLY...
She pouts.

In an instant, the air was filled with the resounding echo of numerous footsteps.

"Your Highness, the Crown Prince!" cried out the royal guard commander, his voice laced with urgency. "We come bearing grave news, for a colossal problem has arisen!" With a formidable entourage of guards, he swiftly closed the distance, their presence commanding attention and respect.

WHERE DID HE APPEAR FROM? WAIT, WHERE DID CERBERUS DISAPPEAR?

Carol scans her surroundings in search of Cerberus.

""What is it?" the Crown Prince asks icily, displaying complete indifference.

"Your Majesty, I regret to inform you that the Labianca kingdom has unexpectedly declared war against us, despite our current focus on the event. Their entire army is now marching towards our kingdom, and we are currently under attack."

""Commander, it would be more fitting for you to maintain composure in this situation. Please, take a moment to collect yourself and stand tall," the Crown Prince advises, his voice carrying a hint of authority.

"I beg for forgiveness... Your Highness," the commander apologizes.

As Ragnarök rises from his kneeling position, he gently clasps Carol's hand and assists her in standing upright. With a hint of disappointment in his voice, he remarks, "Adversaries have an uncanny knack for striking at the most opportune moments. While this is not unexpected, it still pains me to witness their relentless tactics."

WOW, NOW HE LOOKS A LITTLE LIKE A GOOD CROWN PRINCE.

" So, Carol, what do you think? Should we strike back or refrain?" Ragnarök asks Carol.

"I don't know about these things, Your Highness," confused Carol answers.

"That's why, even at this age, you don't have a fiancé!" The Crown Prince mocks Carol while making fun of her.

I WILL KILL HIM ONE DAY!! 😡

"IF THEY WANT WAR, THEY WILL HAVE A WAR.
EVERYONE, PREPARE AT ONCE. WE WILL HEAD TO THE BORDER OF ROUSE AT MIDNIGHT." The Crown Prince shouts, and everyone praises him.

Ragnarök looks at an angry Carol and mumbles something which was inaudible to Carol in the noise of praises.
It leaves a bitter taste in Carol's mouth, as she wants to know what he wanted to say before leaving for war.

.
.
.
.

A long war starts at the border of Rouse and Labianca, but in the capital, everything is normal, as if people have forgotten that there is a cruel person named Ragnarök Alzack Rouse who is fighting for them at the border.

Most of the nobles prayed for him to die at the border so that the right to the throne could go to Duke Lanchester, who is the direct cousin of the king.

Winter came with blizzards, but when the snow melted, it was time for spring. With spring came love, but for Carol, it was worry for her friend.

Seasons changed one after another, and then months turned into years, one turning into two.