1. Me and you

S H E Y A P O V

Edited.

I returned home after a long day at school, feeling exhausted and ready to finally be free of the shackles of education.

People often said that life after school could be even more tiring and challenging, but for me, anything was better than the monotonous routine of classes and homework.

As I entered my house, all I wanted to do was change into something comfortable and forget about the stresses of the day.

Just as I was about to settle into my favorite pair of sweatpants and hoodie, my cousin burst into my room. She was older and more outgoing than me, always seeking new adventures and experiences.

"When did you get here?" I asked, slightly taken aback by her sudden appearance.

"Just a few minutes ago. I came to take you with me. Let's go!" she exclaimed, a mischievous smile on her face.

"But where are we going? And do I need to change again?" I questioned, bewildered by her spontaneity.

"Of course, you should change, and I'll tell you all about it on the way!" she replied, excitement radiating from her.

I reluctantly nodded and quickly changed my clothes once more, silently cursing the constant need for outfit changes.

We hopped on an auto and headed towards our mysterious destination.

While she was in her second year of college, I was only in 11th grade, and our stark differences in personality were evident.

She handed me her phone and explained that she had a project to work on and would be meeting some friends at the Marial Hotel. Curiosity piqued, I eagerly agreed to tag along.

After an hour-long journey, we arrived at our destination. The exterior of the hotel was breathtakingly beautiful, resembling a royal palace.

I had never been to such a grand place before, as my family rarely ventured out, and my lack of social interactions kept me away from such places.

My cousin took hold of my hand and instructed me to wait while she attended to her project.

Left to my own devices, I found a seat in the waiting area and mindlessly scrolled through Instagram. Suddenly, an unfamiliar girl stood in front of me, interrupting my virtual world.

Confused, I asked her if she needed something.

"Can you hand me my coat?" she asked politely, pointing to a coat nearby. I obliged, handing her the coat and offering a small smile.

"Thanks," she said before swiftly leaving the hotel. She exuded an air of elegance and grace that made me question her probable profession as a model.

Just as I was about to return to my digital distractions, all the hotel staff gathered in a line. Perplexed, I watched as a bodyguard entered the scene.