11. Whipped for whom?

Sheya felt her heart racing as she sat in the classroom, waiting for her physics exam to begin. She had studied diligently, but nerves still got the best of her.

The teacher handed out the question papers, and Sheya took a deep breath, ready to tackle the challenge ahead.

Hours later, as she exited the examination hall, she was greeted by her friend Yuvika. Yuvika, who had been sitting in a different room due to a scheduling conflict, eagerly asked Sheya how the exam went.

Sheya let out a sigh, her face reflecting a mix of relief and apprehension. She explained to Yuvika that she had completed the entire paper, but she was unsure about her performance.

She had encountered a few difficult questions that left her doubting her answers.

Just then, their other friends came over, curious to know how Sheya's exam had gone.

Sheya briefly summarized her experience, expressing her concerns about the difficult questions. Yuvika empathetically nodded, assuring her that she had given her best.

As they continued their conversation, Yuvika mentioned that she needed Sheya's help the following day.

It turned out that Yuvika's elder brother was getting engaged, and there was a lot to prepare for the celebration. Yuvika invited Sheya to come to her place and join in the celebration.

Sheya smiled and nodded in agreement, appreciating the distraction this event would provide from the stress of awaiting her exam results.

Yuvika's joy was evident as she jumped up and down, her excitement contagious.

The next day, Sheya arrived at Yuvika's mansion, which was adorned with twinkling lights.

The grandeur of the decorations added to the anticipation of the celebration. As Sheya approached the entrance, lost in her thoughts, she accidentally collided with someone.

Bumping into a solid chest, she looked up and saw Karv, Yuvika's older brother, standing before her.

He was dressed in a striking blue kurta, radiating charm and confidence. Sheya couldn't help but feel her heartbeat quicken, for she secretly harbored a crush on someone else left no place for anyone.

Unfazed by the collision, Karv teasingly remarked, "Your big eyes are not meant for looking where you're going, are they?" Sheya rolled her eyes playfully, determined not to let her distract her.

"Maybe you were simply invisible in front of my eyes," Sheya retorted, her words laced with a hint of humor.

Karv chuckled, his deep laughter filling the air. "Well then, it seems only pretty girls have the power to see me. So, are you telling me you're not one of them?" he asked mischievously.