7. Friends

A U T H O R   P O V

A U T H O R   P O V

He spun his car key and left towards the parking lot, his heart racing with excitement. Karv was not like any ordinary car enthusiast; for him, cars and bikes were his ultimate obsession.

They were his escape from the mundane world, his source of joy and tranquility.

He had an extensive collection of vehicles, each one cherished and maintained with utmost care. To him, there was no greater pleasure than the thrill of racing.

No one was allowed to touch or ride his prized possessions unless absolutely necessary.

Karv believed that only he could handle the power and finesse of his cars and bikes. He had raced against the best, continuously pushing himself to new limits.

The adrenaline rush that coursed through his veins was addictive, and it fueled his passion even more.

On this particular day, he decided to take one of his cars out for a drive. He parked it outside the parking lot, waiting for them tp join him.

First to arrive was Sheya. She hesitated for a moment, contemplating whether to sit in the front seat or not.

Karv noticed her hesitation and understood her reservations. After all, they didn't know each other well enough yet. She took a seat in the back, and Karv nodded in acknowledgment.

Soon after, Inaya arrived and confidently settled in the front seat.

Karv observed how Sheya had initially hesitated and mentally stopped herself from sitting beside him. He started the engine, ready to embark on this adventure.

"What's your address?" Karv asked sheya as they began their journey.

She provided him with her address, and just as they started driving, Karv's phone started ringing loudly.

It was a call he had been dreading, an invitation to yet another mundane party. Parties were never his thing; surrounded by kids and elders, they only served to annoy him.

He accepted the call, "Bruh, I know you're coming but is it with Stella?, you know how much I love that species, She's the best out of your list. Please bring her to me I want to enjoy her- 

However, Dhruv, his close friend who knew him better than anyone, would always find a way to annoy him. Dhruv was relentless when it came to teasing Karv about his cars, particularly one called Stella.

Unable to resist the temptation, Dhruv blabbered excitedly over the phone. Karv cut him off, not wanting the girls to hear the conversation. He glanced at them, their curious gazes making him feel slightly self-conscious.

"Dhruv, keep it quiet. I'm declining the call," Karv said firmly.

"Bhaiya, if you want, you can go. I can go by myself," Sheya spoke up, breaking the silence.