22. Scared of what?

♛♛♛♛

♛♛♛♛

He was driving the car, and in the midst of this, I sent the live location to my elder sister.

He glanced at me and inquired, "Are you afraid?" A smirk played on his face as he asked.

"No, I'm not scared, just cautious," I replied.

In reality, I harbored fears of birds' wings and animals, but revealing my weaknesses wasn't wise.

Stay smart, I reminded myself.

"You think, I'm fearless about everything!" I remarked, concealing my actual fears.

He chuckled, "Good, because where we're headed, people prefer not to roam alone, you know!"

He attempted to tease her, clearly enjoying the playful banter.

To him, she was a walking smile-maker, despite her lack of awareness.

She averted her gaze, avoiding his playful glares. Perhaps, his tricks were starting to work on her.

"Stop!" she exclaimed abruptly.

"Why? Do you know where we are?" he teased further, reveling in her growing tension.

"I'll call my sister, you just stop here!" I threatened, sensing the seriousness creeping in.

Karv noticed the shift in tension, realizing he might have gone too far in scaring her.

"Don't worry, I was just kidding," he reassured her, trying to ease her worries.

She nodded silently, her thoughts still lingering on the recent scare.

He wondered if she was still contemplating the situation.

Suddenly, he turned the car swiftly, causing her to jolt a bit. "Dheere chalaona!" she ordered, her tone more authoritative now.

He scoffed and accelerated the car's speed, testing her limits playfully.

She glanced at him, "Me jab bhi dheere bolne ko bolti hu aap ulta kyu karne lagte ho?" she questioned him.

"Oh, so you finally speak!" he remarked, his focus solely on driving.

Sheya noticed his tense veins and the subtle wobble of his Adam's apple while driving, snapping her out of her thoughts.

Yes, she admitted to herself, she was somewhat intrigued by him.

Noticing his unbuttoned shirt, she couldn't help but think he looked like a character straight out of a novel.

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she focused on the present.

Karv observed her change in demeanor.

"What happened to you?" he inquired as they reached their destination, his speed slowing down.