2. Alone

Edited

Edited.

I N A Y A P O V

I was heading back to my class when Ronit stopped me.

I raised my brow, wondering what he wanted. He came closer to me and said,

"Hey, Inaya, Mere ghar me kal party h to tum apne sabhi dost ke sath ?"

He invited me to his party. I thought for a minute. As a big fan of parties, I couldn't say no to him.

Besides, he was also a good friend of mine. However, I wasn't sure if my friends would want to come or not. "I cannot say now, I'll ask my friends!" I said. Ronit nodded and went to talk to others.

Three hours later, our school ended, and we all had a burden on our shoulders. I quickly went towards my friends, Sheya and Yuvi, who were prepared to leave on their own.

Even though Yuvi could go with Arav, she preferred to go with Sheya as she enjoyed going alone.

For me, my parents always sent drivers to pick me up. The same went for Arav, as Mihir usually went with him since he spent most of his time at Arav's house.

I bid goodbyes to them and then went home.

As I entered, I saw nobody except my mother, who was engrossed in a conversation, probably with Aunt. I directly went to my room, took out my phone, and freshened up.

When I came out from my room, my mom was still talking on the phone.

She was always at home but never paid much attention to me.

Sometimes I wished I had siblings so I wouldn't be bored or feel alone.

Seeing my friends enjoying their siblings made me feel a bit left out. Sheya had a great sister who was really friendly with her, but I didn't have that same bond.

"Inaya baby, I'm going to Madhavi's. Please behave and don't be a brat in my absence," she said as more of a warning.

I nodded my head, and the chef gave me my lunch, which I ate peacefully. Just then, I received a message from Yuvi. "Wanna come over to my house?" she asked.

I replied with a resounding yes. I was always ready to go outside because I felt very bored in my house.

After dressing up, I informed my uncle that I was heading to Yuvi's house.

My driver dropped me there, and as I entered the house, I yelled Yuvi's name.

She came downstairs, took my hand, and led me to her room. "Where is everyone?" I asked her.