chapter 17

still Saturday, 10th September

Owen: 58; Amelia: 52; Luca: 23; Leo: 16; Lily: 16

Ryan: 27; Katie: 26; Riley: 10; Ian&Connor: 8

Liam: 24; Robin: 24; Victoria: 6; Audrey Blake: 4; Madelyn: 9 months

Finn: 24; Dennis: 24; Mason-Anthony: 2

Ruby: 24; Ethan: 25

Mira: 20; Harriet: 21; Eva-Maeve: 3

---

"Be good for mama.", Ryan told his children. On Saturdays, he had to work from 2 to 10pm, meaning there wasn't much family time possible. However, since he was always working on Saturday, he never had to do so on Sunday. "She wants to plan your birthday party with your friends for next Friday with you."

"When will you be back, Daddy?", Riley wondered. She couldn't quite remember her father's work schedule, but what she knew was how much she usually missed him when he wasn't around.

"When you wake up on Sunday.", the twenty-seven-year-old told his daughter softly and kissed her head. "But I'll check on you when I come home from work to make sure you're having a wonderful night, sleeping peacefully.", he promised her.

"Fine.", the little girl pouted, before she gave him a big hug. "I love you so much, Daddy.", she beamed at him, making him smile at her. "Can I help planning the party, Mama?", she begged her mother, who nodded.

"Let me just say goodbye to your father first.", Katie said, while her husband cuddled their boys and ruffled their curly hair, making them giggle. "I'll probably still be awake when you get home, but if not, there's going to be some leftovers in the fridge for you to heat up.", she told him once he wrapped his arms around her.

"I don't deserve you.", Ryan flirted and kissed his wife's forehead before he moved to her lips, causing their children to comment on the action by screaming loud "ews". "This will never change.", he chuckled, rolling his eyes, which only Katie could see. "I love you. Bye."

---

Liam: 24; Robin: 24; Victoria: 6; Audrey Blake: 4; Madelyn: 9 months

---

"I'm sorry she did that to you.", Robin sympathized with her ex-boyfriend, who had finally told her the story of why he had been back so quickly. Of course, she was letting him stay for as long as he wanted to.

Also, since Liam had told her he would tell her about what had happened this evening, the family had spent the day together at the mall, enjoying it to the fullest, especially the kids, who loved spending time with both of their parents.

"Thanks.", the redhead sighed. He was working on new materials for his lessons next week but had paused to finally speak to his best friend about what had occurred this morning. "I just don't know what to do now. Yesterday, she wanted to marry me. Today, she cheated on me. We haven't been together for long. I am so confused."

"Well, I can't tell you what to do, Liam. You'll have to listen to your heart.", his ex-girlfriend softly reminded him. "What I do know is that if you really love her, maybe she deserves another chance.", she said, hating herself for it in the meantime.

"Maybe she does.", the elementary school teacher agreed, making eye contact again. He wasn't sure which she he was talking about, but when his eyes stared into Robin's, he considered giving his best friend another chance, romantically.

He just didn't want to say that out loud yet, because unless he was a hundred percent sure, Liam would not suggest that they could try again. The last thing he wanted was for the brunette to be hurting once more because of him and for his daughters to end up confused.

Owen: 58; Amelia: 52; Luca: 23; Leo: 16; Lily: 16

---

Amelia parked the car in front of the gate that belonged to the house of which Lily had texted her the address earlier. She texted her daughter that she had arrived and noticed her coming out of the main door about two minutes later, but not without kissing a boy.

The teenager probably hadn't expected her mother to park right in front of the home where the party was happening at, which her surprised facial expression proved once she had spotted the car before she climbed in.

"So, how was the party?", the neurosurgeon decided to smooth into the conversation, only delaying what was to come. "Did you have fun?", she smiled at her youngest child, who nodded and immediately tried to change the topic.

"It was great. Are the others coming over tomorrow, as every Sunday?", Lily questioned, acting innocent as she buckled up and watched her mom start the engine to drive home.

"They are.", the brunette shared. "Who's the boy you were kissing?", she decided against wasting more time and directly asked. She didn't know her daughter was dating someone, and if she wasn't aware of it, her husband most definitely wasn't either.

"Paul.", the sixteen-year-old answered, figuring it was the best idea to just be honest if she wanted her mother to leave her be anytime soon. But, of course, Amelia wasn't done yet.

"And how hold is Paul?", came the next nosy question of her mom, causing Lily to sigh. Her parents' new favorite hobby was to question her every move, and she hated it so much. "Honey, how old is he?", the neurosurgeon repeated herself after not receiving a direct response.

"If I tell you, you will be mad.", her daughter informed her, which only caused Amelia's curiosity to increase. There was silence for about a minute. Lily chose not to say anything, and her mom had a lot of different scenarios running through her overthinking mind.

"Please tell me his age.", the brunette ordered, her voice not as soft anymore. "Right now.", she added for emphasize. Why was her child being so mysterious about this whole thing? The reason for it couldn't be a good one.

"He's twenty.", Lily finally admitted and watched her mother's jaw clench as she kept staring at the road in front of them on their way home. She could see her think of a reply, but she seemed to be at a loss for words.

"Twenty?!", Amelia repeated in disbelief. "Lily, you cannot date a twenty-year-old guy!", she tried to remain calm, but failed because of how shocked she was. She wasn't yelling, but neither was she speaking normally.

"You're dating dad. You're married to him. He's older than you too! Five and a half years to be exact.", the young brunette started defending herself by arguing with her mom.

"Yeah, he is. But he didn't seduce me when I was still a minor. That's a very huge difference, Baby.", the neurosurgeon pointed out, still trying to remain calm. God, what was she going to tell her husband?

"But mom, I really like him!", the teenager explained, but when she realized her mother was done with the topic and not even considering her point of view, she decided to be pissed: "You guys are such hypocrites! When Ryan was my age, he was about to become a dad. Mira had a baby as a teenager as well."

"Not with a twenty-year-old as the mother of his kid. And Mira is a whole different story.", the brunette reminded her daughter, not giving into her need of raising her voice to make it clear to her child how serious she was really was. "Lily, I am trying to protect you."

"Stop mothering me all the time!", the sixteen-year-old begged in despair. She had had enough of her parents. If she could, she would move out right away. Maybe Liam would let her live with him and the girls.

"I won't stop mothering you, because I am, in fact, your mother, young Lady.", Amelia tried to reason with her daughter. "You have three days to end whatever it is you're doing with Paul. If you don't, I will have to talk to your father about this whole situation and we both know this is not going to be funny."

"I HATE YOU BOTH!", Lily screamed the second her mom parked the car in the garage, got out of the car by slamming the door, and stomped inside, not even bothering to greet the other family members in the process.