chapter 37

still Saturday, 1st October -> Katie's birthday

Owen: 58; Amelia: 52; Luca: 23; Leo: 16; Lily: 16

Ryan: 27; Katie: 27; Riley: 10; Ian&Connor: 8

Liam: 25; Robin: 24; Victoria: 6; Audrey Blake: 4; Madelyn: 10 months

Finn: 25; Dennis: 24; Mason-Anthony: 2

Ruby: 25; Ethan: 25

Mira: 20; Harriet: 21; Eva-Maeve: 3

---

Liam quietly closed his daughter's door after exiting her room. He wanted to check on his ex-girlfriend and therefore walked towards her bedroom, gently knocking before he opened its door, surprised by Robin standing there in front of him with tear-strained cheeks, grabbing his hands.

"I know you want to get married and that is something I can't give to you because I never saw myself as somebody's wife. I heard you talking to Vicky and what you said about still being in love with me.", the brunette rambled insecurely. "I am too. There's nobody I'll ever love the way I love you. So, since I won't be able to give you the wedding with rings and stuff you so badly desire, I figured we could just use these.", she explained, putting something on his ring finger.

"Paper rings?", the twenty-five-year-old questioned, half shocked and half amused. He decided to let his best friend finish instead of stealing all her confidence right away.

"Yeah, it's cheesy, but I had the idea after listening to you and Vicky, and after thinking about Ruby's wild obsession with Taylor Swift. And even though I don't want to get married in real life, I would definitely marry you with paper rings, Liam. I don't love you any less than Katie loves Ryan just because she got married to him. And I wish you would choose to love me more than your dream of marriage too.", Robin desperately pointed out, finally locking eyes with the father of her children. "I never understood how such a stupid topic could be the one to break us apart. And if what you need from me is to wear a ring that matches yours, then let's get some. Having three kids with you should be proof enough for how much I love you. Marriage shouldn't stand in our way, but I am willing to wear matching rings, no matter which material they're made of. You know how much I hate begging, but please give me another chance if you truly still love me."

The world seemed to stop spinning when the young elementary school teacher broke eye contact and stared at the piece of paper she had put on his finger, noticing that his counterpart was still holding on to him for dear life, waiting for his honest answer.

Tears filled Robin's eyes once more. She believed he had given her his answer by looking down, but suddenly she felt him wipe a tear off her face before she also felt his other hand cup her cheek. Was he getting ready to kiss her again after all those months apart? He had always been super gentle when touching his ex-girlfriend.

But suddenly, Liam's phone rang, destroying their intimate moment since the twenty-four-year-old encouraged him to take the call. They both got confused about Lydia being the one to want something from him.

"Congratulations, Daddy! Happy belated birthday, I am pregnant with your baby. How are you so fucking fertile, Liam?!", the blonde asked annoyed, but was met with a deep silence filled with shock as both, Liam and Robin, just stared at the phone screen.

---

Sunday, 2nd October

Owen: 58; Amelia: 52; Luca: 23; Leo: 16; Lily: 16

---

"Hi, you're still awake?", Owen wondered when he came back home around one in the morning, finding his wife on one of their couches, mindlessly staring at the TV without actually watching the current program. When she noticed him, she looked at her husband. Just then did he realize that she had been crying. "Amelia, what's wrong?"

"It's just unfair.", the brunette whispered cryptically, confusing the trauma surgeon, who decided to take a seat next to her. She immediately rested her cheek on his left shoulder as she kept sniffling.

"What is it, Babe? Please tell me once you're ready.", the redhead worried, wrapping his left arm around her waist. He caressed her gently, waiting for his wife to tell him what was going on.

"Robert touched Lily last night.", Amelia mumbled, disgusted by the thought. "He said since she is into older guys it's fine.", she explained and sobbed again. "It's just...why? Ruby had to go through sexual harassment, Lily now too...I was raped...do you think one of our boys did too but didn't say anything to us?"

"The Robert I know as well?", Owen questioned in shock, watching her nod. "Let's report him to the police. Did somebody witness what happened?", he asked. "I hope not, but I don't know, Love. Might make it my duty to carefully ask each of them later today though.", he decided.

"Yeah, Jonah told Ethan to get her some help.", the neurosurgeon shared sadly. "If Lily wants to do it, we should, you're right. Although, I doubt something will be done.", she sighed.

"We should try anyway.", her husband encouraged her. "Do you think we should have a talk with Lily? She's been through a lot the past month. I am worried about her.", he voiced his concern.

"Probably.", the brunette agreed. For a moment, they were sitting there in silence. Owen had a feeling that his wife wasn't done telling him everything on her mind and wanted to give her time, while Amelia tried to gather the courage to open up. "I think it's happening again."

"What is?", the trauma surgeon urged her to continue, still stroking her side and cuddling with her. "Your depressive episode?", he guessed and felt her nod. He had noticed the change in her behavior and knew it was coming. The signs were all there.

"I want them to stop.", Amelia mumbled in despair. This was only the beginning of her seasonal depression, but usually it started and ended in November. She imagined all the panic attacks and self-sabotaging thoughts that would invade her life from now on until Christmas time started.

"I know. I wish I could take away your pain. But I am here for you, Amelia. Maybe the calls are to blame for this.", the redhead wondered loudly noticing how his wife absentmindly placed her flat had on her belly. "She's okay. She's with Ryan, remember? He's taking care of Blake."

"Yeah.", the neurosurgeon sniffled. "That void will never be filled though. I feel so empty ever since.", she shared a feeling that her husband knew very well. "Can you call Dr. Brato and let her know I need an appointment?", she asked quietly, referring to the therapist she sometimes went to.

"Of course, I will do that tomorrow.", Owen promised immediately, kissing her forehead, and letting his lips linger against her skin. "That void isn't supposed to get filled, Honey. Neither is it supposed to ruin your life. Blake will always be in our hearts."

"I love you.", his wife cried into him. "You're my rock, Owen. I wouldn't be here without you.", she confessed, breaking his heart. He loved it when Amelia told him how much she loved him, but the second part of her confession made him swallow. A part of him was scared for her on a daily basis, afraid that she wouldn't be there anymore once he got home.

"And you're mine.", the trauma surgeon replied, hugging her even tighter. "We're all gonna be okay eventually.", he hoped. "Now let's go get ready for bed. You know how Riley has wished for a bracelet-crafting-afternoon later today."