chapter 34

still Friday, 30th September

Owen: 58; Amelia: 52; Luca: 23; Leo: 16; Lily: 16

Ryan: 27; Katie: 26; Riley: 10; Ian&Connor: 8

Liam: 25; Robin: 24; Victoria: 6; Audrey Blake: 4; Madelyn: 10 months

Finn: 25; Dennis: 24; Mason-Anthony: 2

Ruby: 25; Ethan: 25

Mira: 20; Harriet: 21; Eva-Maeve: 3

---

"Thanks again for taking them, Mom.", Ryan told his mother after saying good night to his children. Owen had taken the van together with Evelyn and Carolyn and they had already left with Ian, Audrey, Mason, Eva, and Madelyn, leaving Amelia to take home the remaining three kids.

The grandmas would be occupying both guestrooms, Eva was going to sleep in her own bed, sharing her room with Audrey for the night. Mira had given up her bed to sleep in Harriet with hers, so the twins could take it.

Madelyn had a spare crib in her grandparents' room, and Mason got to sleep in their bed with them, considering they didn't have any other safe option for a two-year-old. And since Lily and Leo had insisted on having a sleepover at Ruby and Ethan's, Riley and Victoria got one bed each.

"Alright, the big girls are in bed, listening to a radio play.", Owen announced once he had brought them to bed and put on the same story for them to listen to while they fell asleep. His mother was taking care of the boys, and Carolyn was reading to the smaller girls.

He closed the door behind himself and leaned against it, watching his wife work her magic and admiring the view. She was holding Madelyn in her left arm, gently rocking the little brunette baby, and caressing sleeping Mason's head with her right hand.

"What?", Amelia offered him a confused smile as she watched his face light up and a cute grin form on his lips, meanwhile never stopping her job of cradling Maddy to sleep and making the two-year-old feel comfortable.

"It's just that you are such a natural at this. And you look incredibly hot with a small baby in your arms.", her husband flirted, making her blush now. It had been a while since the couple had had a baby and a toddler in their room at the same time. "Just reminds me of when you used to do this with our children.", he shared and gently took the ten-month-old from her to put her down.

"You don't look so bad yourself with a sleeping baby in your arms.", the neurosurgeon complimented him and smirked. Owen chuckled before he walked over to her and gave her a passionate kiss.

"Good night, Honey.", he said, pecking her lips once more before he turned off the big light and climbed into his side of the bed. "Can't believe our oldest daughter is getting married soon. She's come so far."

---

Luca: 23; Leo: 16; Lily: 16

Ryan: 27; Katie: 26

Liam: 25; Robin: 24

Finn: 25; Dennis: 24

Ruby: 25; Ethan: 25

Mira: 20; Harriet: 21

---

"Ethan?", Jonah unsurely began, interrupting his older brother's conversation with his fiancé, her siblings, and some of their friends, who were either taking a break or not using the playground at all because of their pregnancy or other circumstances.

"Yes?", the young blonde asked. He knew how shy and polite the seventeen-year-old was and that he would never interrupt somebody if it wasn't important. "Are you okay?", he wondered, pulling his brother a few feet away.

"I am, yes. But I don't know if Ruby's sister Lily is. This guy...uhm...Robert?", Jonah started explaining and looked up at Ethan to find out if he had used the right name. He nodded. "He kept talking to her when she was trying to get some food a few minutes ago, and then he touched her cheek and caressed it. She didn't look so comfortable to me, but before I could get you, she told him she'd have to use the toilet and then Robert said he would come with her and wait outside. I think she needs help...", he desperately shared what he had seen, not sure what else he could have done considering he wasn't very strong and didn't want to make a scene.

"Jonah, thank you for coming to me and telling me!", the-twenty-five-year-old told him and heard his brother sigh in relief. The seventeen-year-old was a super insecure person and oftentimes didn't really know what to do in social situations. But he trusted Ethan more than anyone else since his big brother had always believed him. "Stay here. Liam, come with me!", the young blonde ordered, and the young redhead followed him, confused. As they were making their way to the toilets, he quickly updated him about what seemed to be going on.

"What? I've heard you're into older guys now.", Robert informed Lily, who was obviously trying to get away from him. But he had wrapped his left arm around her waist and stroked her cheek with his right hand. "I can't believe that Liam's tiny sister turned into such a sexy woman.", he whispered seducingly and let his other hand wander to her butt.

"ROBERT, DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HER!", his best friend yelled as soon as he saw them. "You're drunk and she is just a child.", he tried to remain calm, watching Robert let go of Lily painfully slowly. "Eth, take her away to Ruby, please.", he begged, noticing how his sister's sad eyes met his because she wanted him with her. "I'll be right there Nugget, I promise."

"I am not drunk, she's just extremely hot.", the twenty-five-year-old corrected, causing his counterpart's gaze to land on his crotch. He actually had an erection. Liam had to get it together, but what he really wanted to do was vomit, he felt sick.

"That's even worse.", he stated bitterly. "Get your stuff and go home. I don't ever want to see you again. Lily is sixteen. You're almost ten years older. You're a sick bastard!", the young redhead argued angrily.

"We just cuddled a bit.", Robert explained. "She's into older guys, or have you forgotten about Paul already?", he wondered. Liam cursed himself for telling his friends about that.

"That is no excuse to touch her. And it was one older guy. That doesn't make it a pattern and it doesn't make it right that you touched somebody without their consent, far worse my little sister.", his, apparently, ex-best friend pointed out. "Now leave before I call the police on you."

"Liam...", Lily cried, leaving her sister's arms to find comfort in those of her favorite person. He hugged her tightly and let her get it all out. First, her big brother's eyes met Ruby's watery ones. She knew how it felt, she understood their teenage sister best right now.

Then, he glanced at Jonah, who was standing next to them with Ethan. He also looked crushed, despite not really knowing the young brunette. Their eyes met as well, and Liam mouthed a grateful "thank you" to the boy, who offered him a sad smile.