[Chapter One]

[
Enjoy
]

"Mama/Papa!" A small child, roughly 6, ran into the room where you stayed at currently, the living room. You were on the phone with your husband, yelling at him for not being present in the child's life. The child HE helped YOU adopt.

Briar, your adopted daughter, stood right by the doorway. She began to overhear every single thing you yelled.

"I DONT CARE! YOU ADOPTED HER, YOU WILL HELP CARE FOR HER!" You raised your voice, something you rarely did often. Something you hated doing, too. "SILAS! Every day, Briar comes to me to ask when you'll be back, and I don't have the heart to tell her that... YOURE A BACKSTABBING MOTHERFUCKER WHO CHOSE TO CHEAT ON ME WITH MY OWN TWIN SISTER!"

"Mama/Papa...?" Briar muttered under her breath as she held the Teddy bear Silas had gotten her. It was something she held onto since her adoption day, 2 years ago. Yes, you adopted a four year old.

She took small steps closer, weakly, nervously, holding Mr Teddy, her bear. She then tapped onto your shoulder.

Almost immediately, you stopped yelling, turning your head to look at the small child. Silas began to speak, but you took the phone from your ear, rolling your eyes before hanging up ubruptly.

"Briar, what is it, hun?" You tilted your head as you placed your phone down, patting the child's head.

Her face formed into a frown, sniffling up the small amount of snot that formed in her nose. She wiped her hand over her face, swiping the tears that formed. "Why was.... yelling at dada...?" Her words broken by a soft sniffle.

"Dear, he did something bad, and... I don't think he's going to be coming back home," you ruffled her hair. She smiled up at you, her eyes still watered up from her leftover tears.

That's when Briar realized, "You cry.." So she reached up and barely placed the tips of her fingers on your face. She was trying to comfort you, like you do to her. Her small, nimble fingers tried to pull your cheeks, making you laugh.

You did that often. You made her face into funny little looks, making her laugh, which in turn makes her feel happy.

"Briar.. I'm okay..." You laughed at her small attempt of copying you. "Now then, was it you need?"

She gasped as she remembered what she initially entered the room for. "Oh! Oh!"

Her body did a soft turn, trying to find something. She then found the TV remote and turned the screen on. Coincidentally, it was on the news. And on the news, it was showing the newly opened Pizzaplex, explaining everything that was there.

The moment it showed the daycare, Briar pointed at it and jumped up and down. "Mama/Papa! Please!"

"You want to go to The Superstar Daycare?" You asked her as you stood up, picking her small body up into your arms.

"Uhuh!" She nodded her head, her blonde curly hair bouncing and messing itself up as she did.

With a soft laugh, you held her as you pulled out your wallet. You counted the money you had, nodding. You had enough for maybe one or two visits. Sadly, this was money you got from Silas. You needed a job, but it wouldn't hurt to bring your daughter somewhere fun without yelling at her father.

"Yeah, I'll take you there, sweetheart," you smiled at Briar. She giggled with her eyes closed happily, and she even gave a soft cheer. You knew she'd have fun if she's excited for just knowing she's heading to the daycare today.

[
Heya!

First chapter, and I'm so ready to make this! Also, cringe_fizzy and xaid3n enjoy this story. I know you will..

Anyways! Have a great Day/Night/Evening, my fellow weirdos!

637 Words
]