[Chapter Seven]

[
Enjoy
]

"I do have a question..." he paused as if to let you register the words he'll say. "Why do my scanners register you as... uhm... as a.." he struggled to say the word. You knew what he was saying, and you hoped Briar couldn't hear. "As a... cannibal...?"

You let out a very nervous laugh. Luckily, you had a decent excuse ready. How you had one ready isn't a concern.

"Oh.. I have a nervous reaction to auto-cannibalize myself," you said while rolling up your sleeve briefly. A clear, small, missing bite was missing from your arm. "It's weird it just said cannibal..."

Sun slowly nodded, feeling unsure about the response you gave. He opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by the cheers and happy shouts of children sliding into the ballpit.

He turned around and gave you a small glance before leaving. The sun greeted each and every child, soon motioning Briar to come toward the middle. She folded her paper and did as she was instructed.

Sitting in the middle, the children were whispering and pointing. They were unsure and scared of you since they didn't know you. Anytime a child whispered to Briar, she just said that you were her parent, and they immediately lost the worry.

"Now, my friends! This is our newest friend, Y/N!" Sun said with a clap of his hands. His face lit up with his very famous smile.

All the children didn't look worried about you at all. And they definitely didn't notice the nervous look on your face.

Wait? A nervous look? For what?

Because of this... hunger. A hunger you want to ignore, yet also want to indulge in. You..

You wanted to eat a child... to make it worse.. you wanted them alive, unable to scream as you'd sew their mouth shut first. Then you'd slowly eat away their body, starting at the fingers going up the arms. The warm, flowing blood oozing out of your mouth... oh, how you regretted thinking it.

Not only did you want them alive... your eyes kept going to Briar; making sure she wasn't hurt... making sure you weren't hallucinating and didn't eat her while she slept last night. But your stomach had different thoughts toward Briar than your brain did.

After all... she wasn't biological. No one would notice... no one would care..

Your hand reached into the bag you had, blindly searching for the small bag of.. meat.. you grabbed earlier. Once you felt it, you pulled it out and began to slowly eat one piece, your stomach momentarily relaxing from the want of eating a child alive.

However, as you did that, Sun glanced over his shoulder toward you. It was like he knew... after the stare he gave, the children all stood up and ran off to play. Some went to the play structures, and some went to draw.

Briar just went back to drawing with a few other kids, talking to them and smiling happily... she was making friends for once.

As you happily watched your daughter make friends, you hadn't noticed Sun walk over and grab the bag. His eyes went blue as he scanned it, but before the scan could finish, you grabbed the bag and shoved it into your pocket.

"What's so bad about it, that you feel the need to hide it?" He asked with a mildly stern voice as he leaned forward against the desk. His head was held by his hands, and his elbows rested on the top of the desk.

You let out a soft cough, "It's just beef jerky... and I just don't like people looking at my things.. that's all." Your hand waved around slightly, trying to brush off the fact you were lying.

"Hm.. right." His eyes looked away before he leaned forward slightly, making you worried. He then whispered something that made your eyes widen slightly. "Could I... taste it?"

[
Heya!

Hm.. would you let him taste your... 'beef jerky'? Because I probably wouldn't.... or maybe I would.. who knows?

Anyways, have a great Day/Night/Evening, my fellow weirdos!

689 Words
]