[Chapter Eighteen]

[
Enjoy
]

"Now Briar, it's just going to be me, you, Sun, and Moon, okay?" You made sure she was aware of that before exiting the house you both lived in, that seemed so empty and bare... and rotten. Underneath the floorboards, old rotten blood remained, not noticeable to make a clear stench, but you could tell it was there... a reminder of what you did. Of what you are. And you are a monster.

Your blonde daughter looked at you and sadly nodded, although she did know she could go to the other places and attractions, but none were quite the same. It's not the same as that bright and cheery daycare. 

She walked out of the house, toward the car, she reached up to open the door to the backseat, only to have you open it for her, and for you to pick her up and buckle her in nicely. Briar smiled happily at you, even more so whenever Mr Teddy was placed into her small arms. She snuggled into her seat, making a fake conversation with her stuffed bear, laughing a bit before you entered the car in your seat.

You inserted the keys, starting up the engine, and soon enough, the car was on the road, driving to your work. Most adults dread work, but you weren't upset. You get to see Sun and Moon, you get to let your daughter have fun and not be stuck in your house constantly, and... the best part.. you can have a wondrous snack on occasion. 

The drive felt shorter than what it actually is, a half hour drive felt more like a 15-minute one. You turned off the car, unbuckling your seat belt, and a following sound of Briar's seat belt could be heard. She reached to her door, opening it up, but she couldn't get out, to her, it was too far away. With a soft head shake, you got out of the car, picking her up not too long after, and she was quite happy. 

The building was bright and colorful, as usual. But, right on the door was a sign about the daycare. It read:

"ATTENTION!!
Parents bringing their children in to spend their day in the daycare, please be aware of the momentary closing. Due to an accident, Superstar Daycare had to be closed until it was properly fixed. 
Thank you for understanding, and no, we won't "hear you out", it will be reopening soon. Until then, enjoy the rest of the Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizza-Plex experience!"

You chuckled softly as you entered into the place. You ignored the posters and signs indicating the closing. This was your job, and you had nowhere to bring Briar, so... and you were the exception to that poster sign, clearly imported in fine print, that no one reads anyway. You walked down the stairs, not letting your daughter go down the slide. You entered through the big brown doors, as you typically did, and you and Briar were met with... silence. 

The only noticeable sound was the soft whirring coming from Sundrop's room above the... now empty ball-pit. And... now that you pay attention to the whirring, it was sobs. Sun was crying....

"Sundrop?" You called out, and nearly immediately, the crying stopped. Subtle movements were heard from somewhere up there before a wire came down and picked Sun up, allowing him to descend to the floor since he didn't have his pit to dive into. 

His feet planted gracefully upon the floor, his eyes having a sad black hue, same with his cheeks. He had been crying... plenty of oil to stain him slightly, too. You placed Briar down onto the floor, and she just moved quickly to embrace the yellow animatronic, hoping to cheer him up. It's been barely a day... what could've happened to have made him cry so hard?

▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•

"Fazbear's replacing us, Y/N," Sundrop's words... his words, filled with seriousness and no trace of joking or mockery, hit your heart and hurt it more than anything you've felt before. He was serious. One incident... and- 

Vanessa did say they had a warning as it is.. and this couldn't be covered up. Fazbear thought they intentionally hurt those kids. They didn't know of Vanny like you and Moon did. Like you did. They couldn't know. How would they!? And it isn't like you could inform them.... you promised you wouldn't ever turn her in. 

Briar looked up at the bot, her mouth agape in shock and sadness. Her eyes began to water up, and soon, her mouth quivered, sobs beginning to pour out. Tears rolling down her face, snot slowly dripping from her nose, her breaths broken with each heart-broken sob. 

Sun, feeling incredibly bad, crouched down, picking up the blonde girl. Her legs wrapped around his chest, her arms around his neck, and her head on his shoulder. His hand, being warm and soothing, rubbed her back in an attempt to calm the crying child. But yet.. she didn't stop crying. She was hurt, devastated. Her favorite animatronics would be gone, never to be seen again after– 

Wait.. when are they getting decommissioned and replaced?

"Sun... when..?" You couldn't bring yourself to complete the question, knowing you would cry if you did. But.. why do you care so much? You don't know them.. the most you've possibly ever interacted with them was when they nearly fucking killed you. They cared more for Briar than for you, anyway...

Sun's head looked toward you as the question just barely left your mouth. His eyes glanced to the floor below, the flooring that wasn't cleaned and was already getting covered in dirt. Slowly, he breathed in, even without the need to, and said, "I'm unsure... but.. it, it should be within the next month...."

Just those words alone made your daughter cry more. Her arms and legs hugged him tighter. She wasn't going to let go in fear that he'd disappear in the blink of the eye. Her sobs slowly grew muffled as she buried her face into the metal shoulder of the animatronic.

"Oh... Sun.." You paused, unable to find the words that would seem the slightest bit caring. Of course, you did care, but any caring tone you spoke in never seemed that way.

His eyes shut, trying not to let tears go. He breathed shakily somehow. "This is... This is Moon's fault. He didn't watch over the place like he was supposed to!" His voice raised, startling your little girl.

Her head snapped upward, looking at Sun as his rays began to retract in and out in an attempt to calm himself. You and Briar were... scared. The 7 year old is more so than you.

With a soft sigh, you stepped closer, wrapping your arms around the both of them. Sun felt his rays pause in their quick movements. Briar felt happy to feel her parent/mother/father hug her.

"Y-Y/N.... Why..?"

"Because I care for you.." You answered softly, unsure the reasoning behind your own words. "And... Moon, too."

"Thank y-you, sunshine.." he muttered softly as he began to slowly rock Briar in his arms, even though you were still hugging them. Well, you were.

You had backed away from the hug, hearing him call you sunshine was rather shocking.. "Sunshine...? That's.. cute."

"Oh! Uhm... sorry I–" Sundrop began to apologize before registering just what you had said. His rays nearly stood out straight if it weren't for the worry of stabbing Briar. "What..? It's cute..?"

With a smile, you nodded, reaffirming what you had said. "Yeah, cute."

Sun didn't need to say anything more. He just smiled and appreciated, more so loved, you calling the nickname he gave you cute. If he weren't holding Briar, he would have surely hugged you.

Now, you didn't know him all too well, but you did feel something around him.. a familiar feeling. One you had felt with Silas... a feeling of.... of love? No, that can't be. You didn't know him, and he's an animatronic, that's just... weird!

But oh... why did you want to ki[KiLl] him..? What about him was so.. different, so... unique to you that you would [kİlL] him?

[
Heya!

So..
As I said, it's some bonding time. And, since it's an xreader, I'm trying to add in some form of romance, and hopefully not fuck up my own story plans.

Now then, have a great Day/Night/Evening, my fellow weirdos!

1423 Words
]