[Chapter Nine]

[
Enjoy
]

The day was boring after lunch. Nothing interesting happened during the rest of the opened hours of the daycare. But.. naptime is your lunch break. That's an hour and a half. What weirded you out was... the time between naptime and closing was three hours. So, Briar had that wound on her side for three or four hours.

That made your brows furrow. Why didn't Sun do anything about it!? He had the fucking time!

You sighed as you leaned back into your bed. Briar was sleeping, cuddling Mr Teddy. She had actually told you how she had made a few friends at the art tables earlier in the day. It made you smile, even though you'd briefly watched it happen. It made you happy she admitted to having friends now.

Your pillow was... upsettingly warm. On both sides. So this was going to be a rough sleep. At least... that's what you thought. In fact, you'd fallen asleep in a matter of seconds after shutting your eyes.

▪︎•▪︎•

The dream world was nothing like normal, I could tell. I glanced around the space and felt an eerie feeling of being watched.

I turned my body around in circles, only to stop when a glitchy feminine voice giggled. "Now, now, Y/N.. there's no need to look for me. You won't see me.. yet."

"Who..?" I asked, trying to at least pinpoint the location of this... speaker.

Another chuckle left her mouth. "Call me Vanny, and actually.. I have an.... offer."

"An offer?"

"Indeed."

"Inform me of this... offer, Vanny."

"Well—"

▪︎•▪︎•

You sat up and groaned, gripping your head tightly. You had a pounding headache. And, my god, it sucked.

The headache only grew worse and worse when there was a faint knocking on the door. You got up out of bed, not caring about the uniform for the moment. A small sigh left your mouth before you opened the door, seeing Briar there looking up.

Her hair was put up into two little pigtails, done by herself clearly. Her outfit was a nice baby blue color. She wore a skirt today. And, like her hair, it was quite obvious she personally put the outfit on her own body.

"Hey, Briar, are you ready to go back to the daycare?" You asked, lightly crouching down. You lifted her up by grabbing the underneath of her arms.

Briar giggled as she hugged you. "Yeah! I am ready!"

"Alright, give me a little bit." You patted her head, placing her back down. She then nodded and ran off, back toward her room, finding her stuffed animal.

Shutting the door, you sighed. Your hands ran through your hair before you stepped toward your closet.

"Kill her." The voice of a female spoke. She let out a giggle as her image danced around the room. She wasn't real, but rather a figment of imagination.

You groaned, rubbing your temples. "Vanny, I agreed to kill kids, excluding my daughter."

"She's not biological."

"She's still me fucking daughter." You replied with a snarky tone. You had begun to get genuinely angry, but not enough to yell. Besides, you wouldn't want your child to think you're crazy.

Vanny rolled her eyes, "Whatever.. I'll see you at break then, Mx Y/N."

"How would I–?"

"Vanessa." She interrupted before disappearing from sight.

All the while you had talked with her, you had actually finished getting ready, which... yes, she had seen you.. mostly naked.

A sigh left your lips before you left your bedroom, taking some Tylenol to take care of your headache. Entering the living room, you saw Briar watching something on the TV. It looked... familiar?

"Briar, what are you watching?" You asked as you searched for your keys.

She looked at you, the same time a scene showed up. That scene? A make-out session. "Oh! Friends called it uhh... anime!"

"Anim– No!" You moved to the TV, grabbing the remote before shutting off the screen. "Don't watch that, not until... you're 10, and with me."

Briar pouted as you turned off the show. "Aw... okay, mama/papa.." she stood up off of the couch. She stretched, holding Mr Teddy in one hand.

"Now!" You said happily, reaching down to pick up Briar. "Let's head to the daycare!" You smiled brightly at her, walking out of the house and toward the car.

[
Heya!

What was the deal you made with Vanny, hmm?

I wonder what will happen, and I'm also going to write this so I don't forget, Moon will be met next chapter. Get ready, lol.

Now then, have a great Day/Night/Evening, my fellow weirdos!

777 Words
]