[Chapter Twenty-Seven]

[
TW: Violence
Enjoy
]

You took a deep breath, knowing you needed to be calm. Your daughter was dead... and there wasn't anything you could do about it now. Although.....

Sun, who was probably panicking intensely, turned off the lights himself so he could calm down and recharge. Gregory just looked at him as if he had said something completely stupid. Which, granted, Sundrop told Gregory to keep the lights on, and now he's over here doing the complete opposite of his word. Fucking bullshit...

Moon's eyes had the red tint to them, but mostly he was using the blue LEDs. He stared at the small child, sighing with a tone of grief before placing her down on the security desk. He then tried to find some way to make a makeshift cloth thing. The sheet people put over dead bodies.

You stared at the boy with a gentle smile. You soon crouched down in front of him. Seeing the terror grow in his eyes, you opened your arms for him, letting him come closer for a hug. He looked at you with uncertainty, for which you nodded. "It's okay, give me a hug. It'll ease that fear and worry.."

As you said this, Moon looked over at you. He raised an eyebrow in confusion. You weren't the type to forgive so easily, he could tell. He used his scanner on you, getting the information that you weren't happy, you were pissed off. That this action of kindness wouldn't end well.

Gregory stepped closer and closer, and when he was close enough, your hands came closer to him, grasping his neck strongly. Your face kept the grin as you stared at him, holding him off the ground by his neck. 

He gasped, his hands reaching up to try and scratch your hands. He was trying to make you let go. You wouldn't do that. And he knew it because your hands only tightened on his neck, his breathing only there in short gasps of desperation for air. 

He kicked his legs back and forth, trying to hit your arms when scratching your hands didn't work. When that failed, he just tried the pity route. He cried, sobbed, and sniffled weakly. He was trying as hard as he could, so you could take pity and let him go. 

But it didn't work. You only tightened your hold, before deciding to let go. Well, you let go by throwing him. He landed headfirst against the door, a groan leaving his lips. Gregory's hands ran through his hair, rubbing the back of his head. "Ow... why did you do that..?" 

"You caused my daughter to die. So! I'll make sure you do, too!" You grinned with a psychotic nature. The grin turned into a subtle chuckle.. you feel you might've fucking lost it. 

Your answer was followed by you snatching him again. Tightly gripping on his arms, nails digging and cutting into his skin. You were going to harm him, kill him.

The moon looked at you, surprised you were harming a child in front of him. He wanted to intervene but had no idea how to... without you hurting him in the process. He took quick steps toward you, his hands grabbing your shoulders. 

You dropped Gregory; he landed on his legs. Your head quickly looked at Moon, your eyes having that faint red glow to them once more. With quickness, your hands grabbed both of his, gripping them harshly. 

Whenever he let out a wince of surprise pain, you let go, eyes widened. You still didn't know why you cared for him. It seemed so weird to you. 

But it didn't matter. Your head snapped back to where the boy was, his body no longer there. You groaned under your breath, the humming forming, but not from Vanny.. it was from you. 

Your hands rubbed your temples angerly, muttering words under your breath. You're thinking of things.. of plans... you were going to kill this child. You were going to burn this child. To eat this damn child. 

"Y/N, calm down... You're stressed, take a moment to calm down," Moon's voice, calming and gentle, said. His arms wrapped around your body, hugging you softly. His chest was to your backside, his hands rested upon your hips.. no, your waist. 

This made your face warm up, for what reason? You were so confused. You felt Moon's face lean down, his face nuzzling into your hair (or just resting on your head), his lips planting a small kiss. Your eyes widened slowly, the redness dying down. 

"I know she's gone... but you'll be fine.. you'll see her again in another life," he said, trying to cheer you up. He ran his hands up and down between your hips and waist, giving soft squeezes. 

That small sentence, that small realization, it made you break down. Sobs left your mouth, tears filling your eyes and slowly running down your soft cheeks. "I– Dammit..." You muttered between your tears. 

You were a cannibal. A murderer. A monster. A freak. But... you were human. Inside, you had feelings. You cared for your daughter. You... hadn't cared for anyone more than you had for her. She was like.. your everything. 

"You're okay... let it out, Moonlight.." he spoke quietly, his voice lowering more and more, to a whisper but not. He turned you around, your face pressed against his chest (or shoulders if you're tall enough to), your eyes not holding the tears. Your hands tried to grasp his back, wanting to hold something. 

You could barely keep a strong hold on the smooth metal of his body. Though, his hands rubbed your back soothingly. He began to hum a song, a gentle one... 'Rises the Moon' you've known this song, sung it a few times to Briar, too. 

But... despite the comforting air, that cursed hum returned. It buzzed and ringed inside your head, from a distance, this time. This was from Vanny. She was upset, and why she was, was none of your concern. You just knew she was pissed, and it was bothering you so badly. The ringing, the humming, it was hurting your head. You almost felt like it was trying to... control you. It felt like it had a strong intent to control you. 

And that's when you realized this wasn't from Vanny. This was from someone completely different than her. A male presence from what you can tell. An older man... a very, very older man. He feels like he could be someone's great-great grandpa. You rubbed your forehead, just trying to rid the feeling from your mind. It worked. For a minute. 

The feeling edged on and on, it ached the longer it stayed. Your tears stopped pouring out, and you just rested on Moon's chest as a way to ease this feeling. It felt like your brain was exploding. You soon began to softly hit your head on his chest, making him grow concerned for you.

"Y/N, are you okay?" he asked, his hands reaching toward your chin, lifting it up for your eyes to meet his. Your face reddened again. Why was this so... what's this feeling? You've felt this before. With Silas, perhaps? Or someone else? But it's better, it's new. 

This feeling... was... love? Hope? Desire? Wanting? What is this... why are you feeling this now? Why now. Why right after your daughter dies, do you feel the feeling you stopped feeling, what felt like years ago? 

And just what exactly do you feel... maybe... 'Maybe I'm being delusional, and this is fake... this feeling in my chest.. It has to be fake,' you said to yourself internally. However, externally, you nodded, "Yeah... I'm fine. Just annoyed and upset at Gregory for letting Briar die."

"I understand that," Moondrop said calmly. He brought his face lower, and if you weren't thinking you were delusional, you could swear, he glanced at your lips. His eyes closed softly, seeming to be talking with Sundrop. "Can I... do something, Y/N?"

"I suppose you can. Why do you ask?"

He didn't answer you. He just made a sigh, a sign of taking a second thought. But he looked at you again, before he... 

'Oh.. so, that's the feeling. It's love. I feel... in love,' you thought as Moon's cold, robotic lips met yours for just a moment. You had fallen for this moon... you had fallen for those silly robots.

[
Heya!

So... yeah, we might end up killing Gregory, that is if we don't die first— I MEAN! You didn't hear that! Right? Right...

Also, sorry if that kiss was just... thrown in there, this is a xreader, and I'm trying to add some form of romance... ehhe... I'm a loser.

Anyway, have a great Day/Night/Evening, my fellow weirdos!

1473 Words
]