[Chapter Seventeen]

[
Enjoy
]

You went over to the time-out corner, reaching down to pick Gregory up. He looked to have been crying as he held his arm. A small sniffle was heard from him.

With care, you gently ran your fingers through his hair, calming him down. He was still a child, just an eleven year old. Of course, he didn't know any better. His parents should've taught him better. Slowly, he tilted his head upward, looking at you. He seemed to want to apologize, but he couldn't get the words to leave his mouth. Soon enough, his lips shut down again, softly quivering.

You carried him from the corner until you walked under the bridge. All the other kids were in their little sleeping bags, cuddling a plush of their favorite animatronic, many Freddy's, a few Monty's, an equal amount of Chica's and Roxy's, yet there were maybe one or two Sun and Moon plushies. Of course, two are cuddled by Briar, one Sun and one Moon.

Sundrop stood at a fair distance from the kids, making sure they were all okay and sleeping. He watched as you placed Gregory down, him cuddling up to a Glamrock Freddy plush soon after. He closed his eyes, trying to shut out the lights that would soon go out regardless.

Briar, though, couldn't sleep. The moment the lights went out, and Moon took control of his shared body, she sat up. Soon, she scooted out of her sleeping bag, placing the Sun and Moon plushies down, picking up her stuffed bear. She soon took quick, quiet steps toward you and Moondrop.

The two of you were sitting on the desk. Moon was probably talking with Sun due to his silence, and you. Well, you were trying to figure out when your next 'snack' would be. Although her small presence broke you and the animatronic out of your thoughts. Your eyes looked down at her, your head tilting softly to the side.

"Briar? Why are you awake?" Your soft words made Moon's eyes glow a faint red. And the little girl noticed, taking a step closer to you, trying not to seem obvious of her step.

She shook her head softly, her eyes tired, yet awake as she stared at you, "Mama/Papa... I'm scared to sleep.."

"Why's that, kiddo?" Moon asked, crouching down to get on her level, considering she was very short, as a child usually is.

Her gaze shifted between you and Moon, unsure if she should say this or not. Soon enough, Briar took a small breath before muttering just loud enough for just you two, three with Briar there, to hear, "I had a ni-nightmare last night of you..... k-killing and eating m-me.. and I don't want to see that a-again..!" As she spoke, she began to cry and stutter. Your eyes widened, as did Moon's.

Now, neither he nor Sun were ever given confirmation of you being a cannibal, but they were getting close to knowing. Actually, they did basically know, due to the scanners. But Briar dreaming about this? Now, this truly had to confirm it... right?

"Now, hun, I wouldn't ever do that..." you said softly, reaching down to fumble her hair, messing up her curly blonde locks. She looked at you and nodded. She knew. But... she didn't believe you.

Isn't it odd? A newly 7-year-old doesn't believe her own mother/father/parent. She doesn't believe you. Most children wouldn't even dream of not trusting their parents at such an age, but... she had a reason. It was almost the exact reason she was in the orphanage in the first place. She may not remember entirely why, since she was very young, but her dreams briefly informed her. 

"Now, why don't you.... hm.." you paused in your words, she needed the sleep, since, as part of the agreement from much before, she would be in here to sleep today, and tomorrow she'd be eating lunch during naptime. You tapped your chin in thought. She could color... maybe watch something on your phone... You didn't know what to have her do, and it was clear Moon didn't either.