[Chapter Sixteen]

[
Enjoy
]

"Hello, my friends!" Sundrop clasped his hands together as he watched all the kids gather in the middle. There were plenty of familiar faces, although... a few regulars weren't there anymore. Oh! But lookie there! There's a new friend for Sundrop to hang around with!

The kids soon all went and ran around the daycare. Running and hiding in the play-structures, doing arts and crafts, talking with another, playing house, and some just chose to sit there and rest their little heads since the daycare is open very early. Although the new kid, a young boy, just looked around with confusion. Sundrop soon walked up to him and crouched to his height.

"Kiddo, you're new, right?" Sun tilted his head, his rays making soft click noises as they spun around. When the boy nodded, he continued, "Well, what's your name, and how old are you?"

He looked down, fumbling his fingers. Whenever he looked back up, he quietly muttered his words. Any normal person wouldn't have heard unless they were right there, but Sun, being the animatronic he is, heard it very well. What were the words? Well, the boy said, "I'm.. Gregory a-and I'm... 11.."

"Wonderful to meet you, Gregory!" Sun reached up and patted the child's head. His light brown hair lightly bounced in place from the pats.

Gregory frowned slightly, pushing the animatronic's hand away from his head, not appreciating the friendly gesture. Sun stood up fully, understanding that he must not like the touch, most children don't, especially when it's from a stranger.

Sun stepped away, glancing around the room, trying to find someone. Someone was missing. A certain someone that was so kind enough to let him live. You weren't there. And slowly but surely, the kids began to notice your absence as they went up to the yellow bot one after another, asking where you were.

"Mr Sun... where's Mx Y/N and Bri?" one little girl asked, her name was Ember, a good friend of Briar's, hence the nickname of Bri, that was pronounced as 'Bry'. They had little matching bracelets that they made during the 'Arts and Crafts' time.

Sun paused, trying to think of how to respond to her. "W-Well.. I'm unsure of that... but I'm sure they'll be here.... eventually.."

And in the words of the known idiom, speak of the devil, you and Briar walked into the daycare. Briar gripped your hands, trying to pull you backward. Her lips were quivering since you were injured and told not to do too much moving.

"Briar, hun, go play. I'll be fine," you said as you patted her on the head. She reluctantly let go of your hands before walking off, turning into a run as she saw Ember. You smiled softly, seeing your daughter hug her friend. That was the only reason you were here, to let her play. With small steps, you walked behind the desk, sitting in the chair, leaning backward. Your hands held your sides loosely, feeling the bandages under your new clothes. A small hiss left through your teeth as you applied a pressure to your sides.

The yellow animatronic crept over to the desk, making sure none of the kids followed due to the rule of no kids being allowed near there. He leaned onto the desk, his head spinning slightly as he looked at you, feeling himself heat up slightly. In some odd sense, he felt like he would do something for you. Like he would do something to stay with you.

But why? Why does Sundrop feel the odd, overwhelming urge to just stay with you. To hug you. To kis- to.... to eat someone for you. To murder for you... But he shouldn't feel this way. He's an animatronic. You're a human. He shouldn't have such feelings of love in a romantic sense.

Your head tilted up as you began to feel the eyes of the bot gazing at you for an elongated period of time. "Yes, Sundrop? What do you need?" You cocked an eyebrow up, your tone sounding as though you couldn't a fuck about what he needed. You sounded tired and done.

"Oh uhm... I was just wondering how you were... since Moon had harm-"

"Gregory! You're going to fucking fall!" The voice of Ember shouted from the middle of the daycare, cutting Sun off unintentionally. You and the bot looked over and saw Gregory climbing the structures. A normal thing for kids, however, he was also swinging from them jumping from one spot to another. He glanced down at the girl, sticking his tongue out before doing another swing-jump.

You both didn't care about Ember swearing, you stood up out of the chair, almost stumbling. You moved quickly, not in a run. You stood by the red bridge, Sundrop following up soon after. You stared up at the brown haired boy hopping from spot to spot. He seemed like he would fall any time soon since his grip seemed to be slowly loosening with every jump. He then turned his body, facing the other play structure, he began to do a swinging motion before jumping forward. He would've made it if it were for the weak jump and the lack of grip strength. He let out a small scream as he nearly fell down face first on the floor.

You moved forward, catching him as he fell, stumbling with a grunt of pain. Lowering your arms, you allowed the boy to step onto the ground. He was about to step away from you, but you grabbed his arm, a form of anger yet worry clear in the grip. His head turned toward you, his gaze filled with annoyance. "Let go of me, bitch."

"Now now, we don't say such bad words here," you spoke softly, trying not to get angry, especially with Sun, Briar, and Ember behind you. "What you just did was very dangerous, you could've gotten hurt, so don't do it again." Your voice slowly grew lower in tone, but it wasn't entirely clear.

Gregory rolled his eyes, trying to jerk his arm away from your hand. "Whatever. You can't stop me from doing it again."

"I think you need to be put in time out for giving me that attitude," you said with a grin slowly forming upon your lips. Your head tilted to the side, a soft hint of menace evident. "What do you think about that, hm?"

He scoffed at you, tugging his arm out of your hold. He began to walk away again, but you stepped toward him again, grabbing his arm with a stronger hold. He looked at you with anger before slapping you across the face. "Let go, asshole!"

Your eyes had a flicker of red as you gripped harder on the boy, careful not to cut his skin. "Time out it is." You said as you began to drag him to the time out corner. As you dragged him, he tried to fight back and run, but all he did was building that anger you have. He tried to push you away, of himself away, failing over and over.

"Let! GO!" He complained as he raised his hand up, curling into a fist. He then punched you in the arm, making you turn your head to scold him. "You ass! I'm not going into time-out!" He yelled before you could scold. His fist then landed right into your face, your nose to be exact.

Slowly you felt a liquid drip from your nose, he made your nose bleed. Your eyes had an over-shade of red, as you stared at him. You held his arm tighter, your nails cutting his skin. He threw punch after punch toward you, your face specifically. And whenever one landed at your eye, you made a growl noise under your breath, before tossing him forward into the corner.

You then spoke through clenched teeth.

"Time. Out."

[
Heya!

So... we harmed a child.. in front of other kids and Sun. But, he did bring it to himself, not us..

Now, I know I said something about a fire in the last chapter, but that won't be for a bit.

Also, I'm trying to find a way to add in more romance, so bear with these mediocre attempts..

Anyways! Have a great Day/Night/Evening, my fellow weirdos!

1398 Words
]