[Chapter Twenty-One]

[
TW: Child harm, Failed Cannibalism
Enjoy
]

There was quite the awkward silence in the daycare, aside from the somewhat distant sound of jingling bells. You and Vic staring–no, glaring–at each other. Sundrop stood there nervously, his hands fiddling with themselves. Briar was beside Sun, sitting criss-cross on the floor.

If anyone were to look close enough, they would be able to see your eyes grow a faint glow of red. Of course, that couldn't be seen all too well.

Victoria had her hands in a tight fist, her teeth clenched behind her lips. Her breathing was unsteady in anger. She was so badly wanting to harm you, to kill you. She wanted to, in a way, avenge her-your- husband.

"Vicky, come on, don't be afraid to hurt me. I can tell you want to," you grinned, though, you didn't show anger. Your eyes seemed to be kind, your tone rather calm. You were making an allusion, seeming to care but really wanting to kill and eat...

She rolled her eyes, her arms going to cross over her chest. "I won't do that. Besides, why would I do it in front of a child?" Her voice sounded like she didn't care for Briar's presence. She was just not going to kill you... for the moment, that is.

"Right.." You turned your gaze away from her. Wishing she would leave, wishing you could kill her. Hoping she'd fucking die, one way or another.

Though, suddenly, you felt a tingle in your head. A voice spoke through... Vanny. 'Y/N, I have a treat for you, same room as before, be quick before the child wakes up and screams.'

Your stance changed nearly immediately. Your eyes had more of a red glow to them. No one seemed to notice this either, well... Briar did, but you didn't know she saw. Her small body shifted behind Sun's legs, pretending to be tired. Now, you would've responded to Vanny, but you couldn't do that... since you can't talk to her through your head, crazy, I know.

"Sunny, watch over Briar for me, I need to take a breather outside the daycare..." You spoke with a gentle smile.

His face lit in a smile, a smile that was just slightly fake. "Oh, I will! But what about Vict–"

"I don't care... bond with her, ignore her.." You waved your hand slightly in a circle. Your gaze then shifted to her, glaring harshly. "Don't follow me, I need a break from you."

Then, before she could say anything more, you turned around and left the daycare. Your speed was a normal pace, not showing a sign of desire, or eagerness, or even a hint towards just getting somewhere quick. No, it was calm, as if you really did need a breather. A moment to yourself.

"Yeah, I'm following them.." Victoria stretched her arms forward and backward before beginning to walk away. She was wondering why she sensed a danger from you. You weren't the dangerous type unless you were pissed off, of course.

Sundrop's head tilted at her words. "They wanted space... so I wouldn't recomm–"

"Shut it. Damn bot..." she interrupted him before nearly sprinting out of the daycare. See, she was quite quick, but was she quick enough to know where you went?

Just barely.

She saw a brief shine of white and orange sparkles on a blue and yellow vest. And she knew only one person who wears that. You.

Victoria moved quickly, following you as best she could without seeming as a creepy stalker. Gross, but still...

Soon enough, she caught up to you, well, sort of. She had entered the room you were in, but not in the exact area. She stood in the shadows, watching you and your moves. Her eyes also saw someone, well, she supposed it's someone, in a rabbit costume.