Chapter 9- Sophie

Sophie felt restless. She couldn't get to sleep after the mental conversation. She had to know how much time she had left.

It was strange that she was going to a doctor for this. She had been afraid of human doctors for as long as she could remember. There seemed to be a lot of things changing lately.

Sophie sat up when she remembered. One of her neighbors, Elua Kristwood, who was Hawaiian, very sweet and helpful, was a doctor.

She left the apartment quietly and tiptoed to the other side of the hall, number 207. She knocked.

The door opened revealing a smiling woman with flowing chocolate brown hair and round, dark brown eyes.

"Hello, Jade! I didn't expect to see you here! What do you need?"

"Elua, hi, can you um, check how much time I have left?," Sophie said quietly.

Elua raised her eyebrows. "To live?"

"Yes"

Elua sighed, motioned for her to follow her inside than plopped down on her couch.

"I don't know what to say- that's a serious question."

"I know," Sophie said, "But please, I know I am dying, I just need to know- please?"

"Alright, let me check you out," heaved Elua.

Sophie waited patiently, trying not to fidget as Elua ran all sorts of tests- she kept all her doctor's supplies at home. Finally, and hour-and-a-half later, Elua looked at her sorrowfully.

"My friend, you only have two days left to live."

Sophie felt like time had slowed down. This really was the end. For real, this time.

"Thank you," Sophie mumbled, leaving the apartment.

"I'm sorry," came Elua's sorrowful voice.

Sophie knew Keefe could never find her in time, which strangely relived her. She didn't want him being so close, and then finding out he'd lost everything.

Did she even want Keefe to find her? She would just be dying in shame if he did- no it was better this way. But, what could she do on her last day?

She probably would still try and act normal, no matter how weak she felt. She couldn't have people get suspicious.

She'd probably do something that was stupid to do on her last day living. Like going to Yogurtland.

Maybe that was what she should do.

All right, let's make plans for Yogurtland in two days, Sophie thought numbly.

She curled up in a ball in he bed, and cried herself to sleep.

A/N: Guys, even I want more in this story! Ik those transitions were REALLY bad, but srry. I just neeeeeedd to keep up with the story. That's why I have been posting like crazy!  

Ooh, fun fact! Elua is Hawaiian for 2! Kinda fitting isn't it?

Posting soon,

- will0w-tree