Chapter 13- Sophie

"Foster?"

Sophie opened her eyes to see two ice blue ones looking down at her. She knew those eyes.

"Keefe?," she said weakly.

His face was waxed in tears and he pulled her into a giant hug. Sophie realized suddenly she wasn't in the water anymore. This was dry land.

"We need to get you to Elwin," Keefe said, his voice hoarse, pulling back to look at her again.

She must've looked bad.

Sophie tried to give a smile, to show him everything was alright that there was nothing to worry about, but it ended up looking strained.

 Then, pain hit her. It seemed like at first it was from her wounds, which it was, but it came primarily from the circlet, still on her forehead. 

It was unbearable, she wanted to scream, but disguised the anguish with a small cough.

Keefe stood up, shakily, with her in his arm, and fidgeted around for something. He whispered something like, 'here we go, Foster'.

The next few seconds were a blur until they landed outside of Foxfire.

It was then that everything started feeling so tiring. Even being, existing, in Keefe's arms was tiring.

Keefe looked panicked.

He started running, it was much too tiring for Sophie.

She tried to speak, to say something, but that was unbearably tiring. Then, they were somewhere else.

It was somewhere that looked like Elwin's office, people came and went. The doctors talked. 

Elwin, probably, was saying things to Keefe that weren't true.

It was very tiring..

Then, as Keefe left the office, she felt something she had never experienced in her life.

Life itself had become way too tiring. Too tiring to hold on to anymore. Too tiring to stay awake.

Too tiring................

Sophie Foster felt like she had just let go of something she was never holding.

And then she fell without falling. 

Lived without living. 

And fought without winning.

***

A/N: Yep, that's it! I know how short this chapter was, but I only had one purpose for it- to include Sophie's pov in chapter 12.

But.... what happens next? *evil grin*

I guess you'll just have to find out :)

-will0w-tree