3 Years, Yet Still Suck :124:

Finishing up your bandaging, you sighed, looking up to the dragon. "Looks like you're all ready to go. Try to stay away from those orange brats this time."

The blue dragon ducked its head in a bow, swooping up, following the horizon line.

You turned back into the temple, and stumbled your way into the kitchen. Grabbing a bit of herbs, you didn't have enough energy to heat up water, and instead quickly chewed it, ignoring the texture.

Feeling rejuvenated and less exhausted (at least on the outside) you began training out in the courtyard. The Temple of Airjitzu wasn't really... in the air after the Merge, and had fallen back to the ground. You had found it after a year or so of being a nomad, and had settled in it. And it worked pretty well as a monastery replacement.

Quake at Cross, 3 hours from now.

Pausing your swing, you sighed. "What cross? Because I swear to the Master if someone got themselves crucified-"

Crossroads.

"Thanks for clarifying." You muttered. That was.. not too far from here. You could get there by noon, half an hour before the quake. Wasn't there some festivities or something going on there?

You wrapped your hand up, flexing it a few times. Then you grabbed your clean Gi from the drying rack, and your spare bag of tea leaves. There was no telling how long this quake would take. Finally zipping up the green jacket over your Gi, you were ready.

Rubbing the grogginess out of your eyes, you began the walk. This is how it always was after the Merge. Help those who need it, and you got updates about nearby Merge quakes.

You hadn't been to the crossroads in well over a year. You hadn't seen anyone from the team in over three.

▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭

Chewing on your swamp-taffy square, you gazed at the enormous buildings of the crossroads. It had definitely been built up from the last time you were here.

A green snake, a Venomari began waving people out of the intersection. "MAKE WAY FOR THE MECH RACE! TICKETS FOR UPPER SEATING CAN BE BOUGHT AT ALFONZO FROHICKY'S SHOP! MECH RACE BEGINS IN 5 MINUTES!"

Shrugging if off, you leaned on the wooden fence the race workers had set out. You could watch, why not? You had a drink and some candy, so you were all set anyways.

You had a nice view of where the merge-quake was going to happen anyways. It had a few buildings before the big bridge over a gorge. It'd be the first spot racers would pass.

Taking a sip, you hummed at the taste. So many different cultures lived in the Crossroads. It almost felt like a more diverse Ninjago City.

Cheering erupted from the stands around the corner. Seemed like everyone was really excited for this. Maybe under better circumstances the Speedway Five Billion would've been like this.

Going to take another sip, the mechs started off. 10 or so sped past, gone before someone could even say, "woah, I'm saying something." The wave from the jets knocked the wooden cup out of your hand and onto your shirt. Great.

You brushed your hand against it, drawing the sticky liquid out of the jacket. It had lost the smell you loved after awhile ago anyways. It was just a little damp from it now.

Glancing up to the sun, you sighed. The merge-quake would be coming soon, right?

10 minutes.

With another sip of what remained of your drink, you leaned against the fence one more, watching everyone beside you slowly diffuse out. You couldn't see the start or end line from here anyways.