Trauma Dump on the Homies -107-

Kicking the vines off of your ankles, you ran after Lloyd, sprinting to the elevator before it closed.

He pressed the button, panting. His horns began to shrink, green sparkles at the base of them. His eyes flickered from red to green, dark tears spilling out.

Sprinting, you reached a hand out to him, but the door abruptly shut before you could make it. Punching the door, you winced at the pain. You couldn't do anything. Just like before.

Resting your head against the cold metal, you sighed, listening to the footsteps behind you.

"...Y/n? What- what's was that?" Cole questioned, rubbing his arm. "What happened to Lloyd?"

With a soft laugh, you shook your head. "Ask Lloyd. It's his story to tell. But go easy on him. It- it hasn't been easy for him either."

Walking back past the group, you went to your bike and continued working on it. Lloyd could come to you if he needed help. You were there and he stopped you. It wasn't like you were mad, no. You just needed time to process what the fuck just happened.

Actually, Lloyd came to you faster than you thought. The elevator doors opened, and out walked Wu with Lloyd by his side. He was wearing a beanie to cover his head.

Pulling a stool to the middle of the room, he sighed, glancing at Wu. "I guess I'd better explain this."

The rest of the Ninja looked at each other, taking seats. They obviously seemed nervous and scared. The real question was if they were scared for Lloyd? Or of him?

Walking behind Lloyd, you squeezed his shoulder, trying to reassure him. It was good he was telling them though.

"I- My-.. You know how my grandfather was born of both Dragon, and Oni. And I share these traits.. at a smaller level. It doesn't affect Wu or my dad -until he got bit- the way it's been affecting me. My powers have slowly been growing, and they have become so strong that.. that they are trying to get rid of the Oni part of me." He paused, tugging the hat down, gauging everyone's  reactions. Their faces were pretty rigid, and emotionless.

With a heavy breath, Lloyd continued. "Since my powers were basically.. beating up my Oni part, the blood got thicker, and the Oni in me got stronger. It's been- it's been fighting against me for awhile. I think I first noticed it before the Sons of Garmadon first appeared. When we were doing solo missions. After the team split this time, I lived with a friend and everything was going okay until one day I passed out. When I woke up, Y/n was there." He looked up at you, motioning for you to tell your part.

Clearing your throat, you put a hand on your hip. "KoKo, Lloyd's roommate, worked at Wu's tea shop three or four times a week. I was delivering Master Chen's to her, and she asked me for help. That was the first time I had seen Lloyd in months. Wu got there, and figured out how to help him. We uhm- we went back to the First Realm, and visited everyone. They're doing good but uh- we got the shed of Firstbourne, which helped lessen the Oni part trying to rebel against Lloyd. He woke up after we got back and made him drink the dissolved shed."

His leg shook up and down as he agreed. "I'm sorry we didn't tell you earlier- no, I'm sorry I didn't do it earlier. I understand if you.. I dunno.. see me differently knowing what might happen. But that's part of the reason we wanted the team back together. We wanted to help find a cure."

Cole scoffed, shaking his head. "You think after everything we've been through we'd leave you? We're all a little weird. Some of us have Oni powers which are low-key trying to kill them, and some of us wear the same shirt for a week. But we're still family." He embraced Lloyd, not stopping until he said he couldn't breathe. That last remark was towards Kai, wasn't it?

Smiling, you glanced up to Kai, who looked lost in thought. Maybe he was thinking something helpful. "Kai, what's on your mind?"

He glanced up, eyes wide. "I.. might have a plan. Lloyd, you said Oni Powers, right? If so, why don't we just drain them? We've all been drained of our powers before by some means, we just gotta find one of those ways that still works."

Lloyd's mouth opened wide in a toothy grin. "That- that could work! Right Wu?"

The older man rubbed his beard. "Theoretically, yes. But we have no way of proving that it could work."

"Alright. Sounds good enough to me. Let's just figure out how we could do it." You smiled, licking your chapped lips. "Chen's Staff of Elements?"

"Destroyed. I doubt there's still any remains of the crystals used to make it left on the island, and Chronosteel is far too rare and dangerous to find quick enough. It would take years." Zane explained.

Jay bounced up and down, still trying to comprehend everything. "I mean, vengestone works?"

Shaking your head, you glanced down to Lloyd. "We need a permanent solution... or at least one for long term. The vengestone also won't let us use our own powers when we're near Lloyd."

With a groan, Kai stretched his arms up. "I assumed this was the only way. We need to use her."

Wu shook his head, hitting his staff to the ground. "Absolutely not! I forbid you from even speaking to her!"

"Wu, do you remember the last time you forbid us from doing something? Something that had to do with the scrolls? You know you can't stop us, it's a life or death situation." Lloyd shrugged, scratching the back of his neck.

Dropping his staff by his foot, Wu raised his hands in the air. "Fine. I will have no part in this though. I need to search through my scrolls to see if I can find any other way."

Cole smiled, watching the old man walk to the elevator. "Sounds like a plan. Ninja....?"

You stared at his outstretched hand. The corners of your mouth curled into a smirk. "I'm all here to become a team again, but not with a stupid catchphrase."

----------------------

HAPPY NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE DAY, AND THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

If you ever have a theory about something, feel free to comment it since I love seeing where you all think the story will go :D