Council of Convicts -113-

Running down the subway line, you were careful to stay light-footed, and a suitable distance away from the light of Lloyd's flashlight.

Why..? Why was he trying to converse with the weird robot-crystal-spider?? And his voice still didn't seem deep enough.

"Y/n? Y/n, where are you?!" Kai's voice came over the comm, sounding really worried for you.

Lloyd paused, glancing back. "What..- I mean- urr, what be that?!"

Picking the comm out of your ear, you threw it to the floor, stepping on it, making sure it was broken.

You couldn't risk Lloyd getting hurt again.

Running after him, the bright lights of the N line dead end appeared around the corner. Pressing the color shifting button, you set it to a setting you had flipped through before: camouflage. Now as you moved your covered hand, the color of the suit matched the wall behind it. You had to hand it to Pixal, these suits were amazing, and so convenient.

Lloyd continued trying to talk to the spider, but eventually gave up as it crawled along the graffitied brick wall. The spider pressed a brick, which sunk into the wall, and let a door slide down, and into a staircase up. Huh.

It quickly began to shut, leaving just a small gap. You sprinted forward, diving through the crack, and softly landing on the other side. This was getting tricky. You followed up the steps, watching Lloyd climb into a weird train-pod-vehicle kinda thing. You had to get in that, or else this would've all been really stupid.

Lloyd sat in the seat, which turned around and moved him to the front. The spiral door began to close, so you once again had to run, and roll through before it snapped you in half.

"Mr. Mechanic. Please buckle your seatbelt."

Did a crystal just speak to Lloyd? Yes? Were you done questioning things? Yeah.

Lloyd grumbled to himself, and you could feel the inner workings of the train preparing to launch the vehicle.

You didn't have time to get ready. It shot off, throwing you against the wall. Yeah, you didn't need your organs to be working anyways. Groaning, you were sure Lloyd couldn't hear you over the warbling of energy around him. This train thing must've been some kind of scientific achievement. This Crystal King must be smart... Book smart that is..

"Cole? Is that you?!" Lloyd called out. Could he hear you..? No, he was getting Cole's voice through his comm. You stupidly squished yours, so it was a one sided conversation for now. "What?! What about Y/n?! Something about the Mechanic?? Are those related!?! I can't hear you!"

The train suddenly stopped, causing you to fall into Lloyd's seat. That'd leave a mark, but you were more worried about if he had noticed you or not. Pushing through it, you stepped out of the vehicle, staring around.

Warriors stood, lined up as if for battle. But they were made of vengestone. This is what the illegal shippings were. But how were they going to animate them? You knew little about magic, but that seemed like a complicated thing to do.

You watched Lloyd crawl out of the vehicle, looking woozy. He always got dizzy in trains. It was so stupid in the cutest way possible- shit you had to focus, not gush over your boyfriend who was walking into certain doom. He tripped on a step, and fell into a warrior, causing it to topple over. And he created a domino effect. Great fitting in.

Running ahead, you stared at the table, holding villains. Pythor, Vangelis, Aspheera... And-

Louis? What the fuck was your mom's boyfriend doing here??!

You didn't have time to ponder about how or why he was here, since Mr. E (that Nindroid kinda guy..?) Started walking down the hall. If he was based off of Zane, that meant he had thermal lenses. That meant he could see you.