The Dragons of the 3 Mountains :126:

Chapter is a bit confusing so here's a quick guide!:

Text like this is the Voice in Y/n's head (the usual one)

Text like this is the Matriarch

/Text like this is Y/n speaking through her mind/

This one is over 3k words long, so enjoy!!
---------------

"I can't believe I'm home.." You laughed, breathing in the familiar musk of the library.

Arin was practically jumping for joy, hyperventilating in excitement. "I can't believe I'm in the Monastery of Spinjitzu!! Though.. it is a little weirder than I pictured."

Huh. There was an entire tree in the room now.. alright.

Climbing down the ladder with an arm full of scrolls, Lloyd furred his brow. "The weird stuff is new- like it happened after the Merge. And after the Merge, Kai also began to explore some of the new lands."

"You know where Kai is??"

"You know where Kai, the Fire Ninja is?"

Glancing back to Arin, you smirked at your symmetry. "Is he here? Or is he still exploring? Where is he at?"

Lloyd dumped the scrolls on a table, sucking his teeth. "Not exactly sure.. it's a long story. But Kai sent notes about the places he'd seen. I'm pretty sure I saw those mountains in here somewhere..."

The dragon dropped a yellowed scroll by your foot. "Smart dragon." You commented, uncurling the scroll.

Wrapping an arm around your shoulders, Lloyd smiled. "The Land of the Three Mountains.. I know where that is. But, it's far away, and the only airship I have isn't functional. And I have no idea how to build an engine."

"Let me see, I might be able to help." Sora grinned, cracking the knuckles on one of her hands.

▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭

Just taking in the sheer size of the airship was a challenge, it was another thing actually stepping on it. "Holy.. you built this yourself? Is.. it even up to code?"

"Of course it's up to code, well the parts that work are.. Welcome to the Destiny's Plume. My new and improved ship based off of the old blueprints." Lloyd rolled his eyes, giving you a slight jab.

Sora held out her arms, but nothing happened. Nothing like on the train before. "Help me out buddy..." She mumbled to the dragon, petting it's head. Raising her arms again, nothing happened once more. "Do Elemental Powers come and go?"

Lloyd shook his head. "No- well, actually sometimes. Elemental Powers are complicated. It can take a lot of work to achieve one's true potential."

Groaning, Sora started walking into the boat, smiling to you. "Guess I gotta do this the old-fashioned way."

Sitting down on the ground beside Arin, you traced your fingers over the dragon's scales. It purred under your touch, sticking it's tongue out. Cutie.

Lloyd put a crate down, sitting on the steps next to Arin. "Does Sora usually hum when she works?"

"No, sometimes she sings... Loudly. Trust me, humming is better." Arin smiled, glancing down into where she was working on the engine.

Sitting criss-cross, the dragon crawled into your lap. "You guys must've known each other for awhile then, huh?"

He rolled his eyes, sighing. "It feels like I've known her my whole life. We met a few months after the Merge, when the Crossroads started to build up with folks from the newly merged lands. Sora came from Imperium."