Restless Visions -102-

The first thing you noticed when you woke up was how warm it was. Wu's shop was always freezing. The second thing you noticed was the added pressure on your waist.

Pulling your head back from whatever it was pressed up against, you looked up to see a sleeping Lloyd. His chest rose under you. Fuckk he looked hot.

Now you could see that you were on the couch. Lloyd was pressed in the corner while your back faced the tv.  Then you realized why you had woken up. Your phone was buzzing with your alarm.

Sliding out of Lloyd's arms, you sat on the floor, opening your phone. It was 1 am, why had KoKo not come back yet? Oh, right. She texted you saying she wouldn't be home tonight. So you had taken the job of waking up Lloyd to give him the medicine.

Turning on the flashlight, you walked over to the kitchen with a yawn. Tiptoeing, you got a bowl down as the water began to heat. You took a square of the skin, you quickly dissolved it into the water. You just wanted to go to bed.

With light steps, you made it halfway to the couch and remembered Lloyd probably didn't want the taste to linger while falling asleep. Placing the bowl onto the coffee table, you hurried back to grab a peppermint, only minorly stubbing your pinky toe.

Finally sitting back down on the couch, you sighed. Reaching forwards, you brushed his hair behind his ear, and cupped his cheek. He groaned, digging his face into the cushions. "Leave me alone..."

Pulling his shoulder back, you flipped him onto his stomach. "You're going to have to do this for the rest of your life until we find a permanent solution. You also have to wake back up at 4 again. I'd think you want sleep?"

He groaned again, sitting up onto the arm of the couch, holding his hands out. After you placed the bowl into them, he winced, letting the shining red into his system. "Hate this. It tastes like old fleas."

Shaking your head in defeat, you handed him the pattie. "Would this make it better?"

Popping the candy into his mouth, he smiled, sliding back onto the cushion. "Much better." Lloyd held his arms open, waiting for you to lay next to him.

Falling onto his lower arm, you sighed, putting your arms between your chest and his, feeling the difference in rhythmic beats. His other arm pulled a blanket over you both, before settling on top of your ribcage. And then everything was still.

Pfft. As if.

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

You sunk into the depths of the sea, salty water filling your eyes. As you looked around the murky fog, a quick, thumping noise surrounded you. A heartbeat.

Body numb, you could only continue to stare into the green dark. "Hello?" Whoever's heartbeat that is, they must've been able to hear you right?

The sea.. someone in the sea.. could it be-?

"Hello. Why are you here? Will you stay? Please tell everyone I love them. I am happy here."

It was her. It was NYA. "Nya?! Nya- you're sentient! That means we can get you back right!?"

"...No... I am here, I am the sea. What is there to get back from the sea?"

You could only continue sinking, her voice booming through the ripples. "No- no we can get you back. We will."

"I ask again, what is there to get? You cannot 'get' me. I am the ocean, I am the waves."

"What is there to get back..? You, Nya! We can get you back!"