Night Ride -94-

This chapter has dark themes such as drinking (not getting drunk) and depression. Read with caution. (Summary at end of chapter if u don't want to read it at all)

------------------------

Climbing down the rusted ladder, you groaned as it crashed into the floor. Stepping off, the fire escape ladder retracted back up to the second level where you had gotten off.

Walking back through the alleyway, you tugged your jacket closer to your chest. It had been almost a month since your fight with your mother, and neither of you had talked to each other since.

It made sense, since the only times you left your room were to get food from the kitchen, or pick up food from the lobby. You were only living here until you could get an apartment yourself. Then you would leave and start your new.. normal life.

Walking into the parking garage, you waved to the valet guy, stepping around the gate. "Grabbing my bike!" Looking around, you saw the empty looking space, but from experience, you knew there was a certain pink motorcycle on the other side.

Sure enough, the mauve cycle sat, your helmet sitting inside the back storage. Pulling it out, you ran your fingernail across the visor. It was shiny and new. Who had replaced it? It was definitely scratched before the whole.. NYA situation. Did someone on the team fix it for you?

Trying to ignore it, you inserted your key in, turning the ignition. Fitting the helmet over your head, you sighed, hearing the familiar rumble of the engine.

Straddling the bike, you walked out of the spot. Slowly, you let the bike wheel itself up to the gate, and you waited. And waited. And waited.

Until the valet guy finally noticed you were ready, and opened the gate. Pulling up your legs, you drove out of the garage, and that guilty feeling in your chest was gone. You got to ignore all the shit going on as you drove.

Zooming between cars and the curb, you hurriedly drove out the side of town which had given you the ick. It was only the rich side of town since it's the one that wasn't constantly in trouble by being next to Borg Tower.

Eventually, the large, luxurious buildings gave way to more businesses, and smaller apartments.

Ignoring the bright neon signs, you could feel your stomach rumble. Had you eaten? As if you had planned it, you drove down a familiar road, and heard a certain phrase you hadn't heard in a bit.

"There's only one Master Chen's! Ninjago's number one noodle house!"

It's not like you had any plans. Pulling through the alleyway, you rolled into the employee parking. Skylar wouldn't mind, would she?

Pulling the key out, you tossed your helmet next to the back wheel, and walked back around to the street.

Skylar was at the funeral. She must've noticed you weren't. Hopefully she didn't get upset, you weren't sure how many mad women you could deal with in a month.

Stepping through the double doors, the smell of noodles were almost overwhelming. Since the last time you had been here (3 years ago? Hell, almost 4?). The bright blue walls had been repainted to a velvety green, and the rubber floors had been replaced for bamboo tiles. It looked much more authentic compared to the cheap looking noodle shop before.

"Hello! Welcome to Chen's Noodle House! How may I help you?" A younger kid, looking just 16 smiled from the hostess station. She reminded you of yourself.

Smiling, you could tell both of yours' didn't mean anything past pleasantries. School must've been rough. "Hi, I'm a friend of Skylar? I was wondering if she was in house tonight?"

Her smile fell a bit, but it quickly fixed itself. "Sorry, Skylar isn't here yet, but if you wanted to put your name down, you could stay at the bar until she gets here? I could tell her that you're here when she does."

Pursing your lips, you shrugged, "Yeah, I guess that works. My name is Y/n L/n. Can I just take a seat anywhere at the bar or-"

"Wait-" Her eyes lit up, "like Y/n L/n as in the Ninja? Like with magic powers?!"

With a sigh, you nodded. "Yeah, you could say that.."

Her gaze lowered, almost as if she was guilty. "I'm sorry about Nya. She was one of my biggest inspirations when I was younger and- and I'm rambling now... Just- it hit me hard, and it must have hurt you even more. I'm sorry for your loss."

Letting a heavy breath of air out, you tried to not breakdown. "It's hurt all of us, but thank you so much."

Nodding, she stayed silent, grabbing a menu and walking to the bar near the back. She placed it down, in front of a stool, signaling for you to follow.

Stepping along the isle between booths, you felt people giving you weird looks. It seemed your conversation wasn't as private as you thought. Pulling your hood above your head, you wished you were invisible.

Sitting down, you held your head in your hands, glancing down at the menu. Your eyes trailed around the laminated paper, looking for something good to eat. You ignored the bottom of the page, trying to get the drinks menu off of your mind. What was the drinking age?

It'd been so long since you really went out and did normal people things, like looking at a menu. Your gaze flickered to the bottom of the page, and you read the small text.

No one under the age of 18 may purchase or drink alcohol without a valid ID

One drink wouldn't hurt. Just to calm you down. That's what the movies said, right? Digging through your pockets, you found your ID Cole had helped you get once you turned 18 (and left Prime Empire). You scoffed, mumbling the red text at the top. "First Responder... What a bunch of bullshit."

Finally deciding on what to get, you grabbed a note from the side of the bar, and scribbled your order down. Stretching out of your seat, you hung the note up. Pulling your phone back out, you read old messages between you and various people.

"Ahem?"

Snapping up, the bartender was looking at you. "ID?"

Fumbling with it in your hand, you passed it to him, trying to not look as depressing as you felt.

He glanced up and down a few times, before stamping your order with a green check. Passing your ID back, he turned around and began on your drink.

Looking back to your phone, you realized you were lingering on someone's messages. Nya. It only consisted if a few messages. Asking for spare feminine products, saying what time a meeting was or how early wakeup was. Did you really not talk to her that much?

Feeling a tap on your shoulder, you jumped, looking around to see Skylar giving you a pitiful smile. "You okay?"

--------------------
Summary :3
After a month of not talking, or really seeing anyone, Y/n is still depressed and thinks of how she sucks at everything but this time instead of staying inside she sneaks out and goes to Chen's Noodle House, orders her first alcoholic beverage, and starts chatting with Skylar

I love the older sister dynamic Skylar has with Y/n :3