Scamming, Deliveries, and Magic -97-

Holding onto your head, you yawned, flipping open side of the sign towards the door. Maybe the painful headache was an indicator of how shit your sleep schedule was, or maybe it was just from all the spices.

Walking behind the counter, you stretched your arms up, falling into the stool behind you. It was a Tuesday. KoKo wasn't on shift today, and you rarely ever had a customer this early in the morning.

And then the phone rang. So much for no customers.

Sliding the stool over, you picked up the landline. Who was calling at 7 in the morning?  "Hello, this is Steep Wisdom, how may I help you?"

"Hi. I'm looking for 2 kinds of tea and was wondering if you had it."

The woman on the other side had a sweet voice, but it was kind of alluring. At least she was straight to the point. You seemed to remember it from somewhere, but you couldn't put a face to it. Weird. "Of course, what tea's were you interested in?"

"I was hoping you had Two Moon Tea, and Energitea? My grandmother used to drink it all the time, but now she can't find it anywhere."

Holding the phone on your shoulder, you began flipping through the pages if Wu's tea index. You were only slightly worried the first time you saw the book, it was as big as your head. At least it was in alphabet order. "One sec', I have to check if we have any of those." Flipping through, you got to the Energitea page.

Running through the list of crap Wu had written down, you muttered the side affects. "Quicker reaction time... faster movement... greater overall strength... Seems like we have it! How much do you need?"

"I'd like as much as you have, and the Two Moon Tea? It's my grandfather's favorite. It's crucial we get it."

Quickly writing the order down, you began flipping to the second half of the book, and looking for Two Moon Tea. Eventually, you managed to find the page, a light purple stain on the corner of the aged paper. On the top, big, bold letters stood out. Don't give to customers.

"So? Do you have the tea or not?"

Taking a sigh, you rubbed the page in-between your fingers. "We're not allowed to give Two Moon Tea to customers, I'm sorry. I hope you understand." You frowned, with a yawn.

"What?! But it's my brother's favorite tea! He hasn't smiled in so long, is there any reason why you can't?"

Reading along the paper, you read the warnings and side effects. Helps heal wounds, improves eyesight and muscle growth... Amplifies magical creatures from other realms, and can create dangerous issues. She said that her brother was sick, maybe she just wanted to heal him? "Your brother is fully human, right? No magic powers?"

"Of course? He's not some strange Oni or some crap. He was born in Ninjago, he doesn't even know of other realms."

You could make a tiny exception for a sick kid, right? "Of course not. We do have a gallon jars of Two Moon Tea. How many do you need for your brother?"

"As much as you have! My mother really needs it! I have a truck backing in outside the front for you to load everything into! The driver can pay you for the tea." And then she hung up.

Sure enough, a small truck backed up into the small dead end. A guy wearing a hat, sunglasses, and a trenchcoat sat in the front.

Grabbing the hand truck, you rolled it into the back room, trying to not bump into anything.

In the corner, you saw the purple liquid like the page announced, small flowers floating around in it. You only had 3 gallons. Wu would understand if you sold two, right?