The Enemy -116-

You spun her katana in your hand, slicing a leaf down. It was really, really dull.

Lloyd tossed Harumi ahead, who just snickered. "Y/n.. that seems like hard work. Why don't you let me take a turn?"

You rolled your eyes, walking ahead. Ignore.

"You know Lloyd.. this reminds me of the last time we were here. Do you remember? Just you and me.. fighting our way through the jungle together?"

Gripping the handle tight, you wanted to fucking stab her through the heart. You were actually going to do it. You had just met the real her for the first time today, and you were already going to murder her- Stay calm and listen.

Lloyd scoffed nudging her forward. "Stop trying to get into my head. It's not going to work."

She smirked, "Am I in your head~? Are you thinking about me?"

"No. Now walk." He grumbled, pushing her forward. "Y/n-"

He was going to talk, but was rudely interrupted by Harumi. "Well I've been thinking about you. About how things could have been different between us. We could still be together.. if you come back with me and surrender to the Crystal King, I can get him to spare your life. I know it!"

"Shut up." You scoffed, pushing her ahead. "No one wants to hear your bitchy voice ramble.. Yeah Lloyd?" As soon as your attention shifted to him, Harumi clawed at your hand, taking her sword back. Fuck.

Lloyd began sprinting after her, following her same footsteps. You ran after him, but the voice popped up again. Go right, down around the cliff. Safer.

Lloyd and Harumi both yelped in panic. Maybe it was good you knew which way to go. Hacking through the trees, you slid down the cliff, and managed to not trip into the mud like Lloyd and Harumi.

"-I said don't move!" Harumi yelled, sounding actually scared. "It's not mud. It's quicksand... Oh good, Replacement is here. Help us out!"

Rolling his eyes, Lloyd held out a hand, waiting to be rescued. "We are not an 'us'."

You latched onto his hand, careful to not slip in yourself, and tugged him out. He fell beside you, almost knocking you over, but you grabbed him before he could. "You okay?"

He nodded, glancing to Harumi, and nodded towards her sword at the edge of the quicksand pit.

Grabbing it, you watched Lloyd throw a vine to the white haired bitch, and start pulling her out. "Be glad we aren't leaving you here." He spat pulling her out.

She flew out, falling on top of Lloyd, and hitting him to the ground. Harumi glared at him, waiting. "You can get off of me now."

Lloyd scrunched his nose, glaring at her. "I'm not on you.. You're on me." He pushed her off, grabbing the vine again. "Give me your hands."

"Is that really necessary?" She scoffed, trying to rub the dirt off of her clothing.

Leaving your mouth agap, you stared at her. "You just attacked us like- half a minute ago!"

Pouting, she tried to look innocent. "I won't do it again. I think we're past that. You just saved my life Replacement.. Truce?"

Lloyd grabbed her arms, wrapping the vine around her wrists. "Stop calling her that."

Crystal beasts roared overhead, flying, trying to find Harumi. Fuck. You covered her mouth with your hand, dragging her back under the cover of the trees.

Lloyd sprinted after you, pushing Harumi against a tree trunk.

"Stay still!" You yelled to her squirming. "Are you- ew- are you licking my hand?!" Instinctively pulling your hand back, you wiped it on some moss, realizing: oh shit, you took your hand away.