May Chaos Reign -117-

Speed walking along the halls of the Bounty, you adjusted the new suit (Pixal claimed you needed a new one.. again). "You're telling me Wu knew about this?!"

"He did. But he didn't think it'd happen until 'several generations.' Whatever he means by that." Lloyd responded turning the corner.

You swallowed, climbing up the stairs. "I thought- I thought when Wu said he kept stuff from us for a reason, I trusted him... I never thought he'd keep the Overlord returning a secret though."

Lloyd shook his head, waving at the man of the hour to lower the anchor. "But we do have a lead of who might've known, and was trying to warn Wu. So we're asking the paper kids."

Diving down, you landed on the anchor, waiting for it to be dropped. "Alright, if that gets us any closer to solving this all, I'm up for anything."

The anchor quickly fell from beneath you, causing you to slide up the chain, then slide back down, landing beside Lloyd.

"Sorry to interrupt, bit this is important." He explained to the paper kids. "I found a bunch of newspaper clippings with a code, and I was wondering if you could tell us what it means?" He asked, handing a torn newspaper article to the head girl.

She smirked, reading it. "Yeah, sure, it looks like an IDI code... Individual Delivery Identifier. It tells you where to deliver the pages."

You nodded, acting like you had understood everything. "Okay.. so is there like an archive or library where we can look it up?"

"We're paper delivery kids, we've got the entire archive right here." She laughed, tapping her temple. "Let me see... Nelson! 833A, that's on your route, ain't it?"

A kid in a purple hoodie walked over, wide eyed at both you and Lloyd. "Yeah, that's 833 Andreasen Avenue. Apartment 22. I usually just leave it in the lobby."

Nodding, Lloyd asked if he would continue. "Do you know who lives there?"

Nelson tapped his chin, in thought. He had a little ninja hood instead of a normal hoodie. It honestly was a pretty good cosplay of your suit if you just brightened the color a bit and added more blue. "Oh I remember! Vincent Folson."

You scrunched your nose. "Vincent Folson? Isn't he that one guy at NGTV news? Vinny Folson?"

Looking to you, Lloyd licked his lips in the slight breeze. "Any idea where that is?"

Looking around the 'map' of locations in your head you realized Andreason Avenue was a few blocks down. Alright. "Yeah, follow me."

▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭

Sitting in the elevator, Lloyd sighed, watching Wu (who had just joined the small escapade) pace back and forth. "Vincent Folson? I have no recollection of him having anything to do with the Overlord. Why would he of all people be sending us mysterious clues?"

You laughed, leaning against the wall. "Wish I knew."

The elevator beeped, arriving on the right floor. All 3 of you filed out, walking down the hall to apartment 22. It had a pile of molding pizza boxes outside the door. You weren't going to judge anyone's life, but those smelled foul.

Lloyd raised a hand, knocking on the wooden door.

"Finally! 20 minute delivery dusrantee my ass-" The door swung open to reveal someone you hadn't seen in years.

Beside you, Lloyd's breath shook. "..Dad?!"

Garmadon lifted a mug to his lips and hummed. You never expected to see the embodiment of chaos wearing a Bass Pro Shop robe. And his 'No. 1 Dad mug' was definitely not living up to it's standards. His head was just grazing the top of the doorframe. (Was he taller than the last time you saw him?)