Library of the Snakes -120-

You had always thought when you died, it'd be peaceful, like waking up. You never imagined it to be sitting in a pool of your own blood as you bled out, trapped under debris.

Oh wait, you weren't dead yet? That was news to you.

Delirious, you tried pushing the rubble off, but groaned in pain, collapsing again. Danger.

"Well we'll.. what have we 'ere?"

You turned your head, watching as the Mechanic stepped on the rubble on top of you, pressing into your abdomen further. Hissing in pain, you tried your hardest to just stay calm and breathe, but your touch was going numb, and the Vengestone Warriors trailing the Mechanic slowly approached.

"Is it the little girl-ninja who ruined my plan? Who taught Unagami to be a selfish brat? Oh! I got it, your the replacement for Harumi." He laughed, his purple eye glistening with humor. "Your time is over. Crystalized her, boys!" He whistled the warriors encroaching evermore.

The Crystal Warriors continued, just inches away from you, when they all were blasted to bits. A bolt of lightning shot overhead, just missing the Mechanic. Jay had come to save you.

The Mechanic laughed, charging up his arm. "Now we're talking! A ninja who can actually fight!"

You shut your eyes, wincing as you heard the fighting. Jay needed to leave. You were going to die here anyways.

The mast on top of you shook, as Jay began heaving it up. "Slide out!"

"You need to leave!" You strained back. "I'm going to die anyways, just save yourself and leave!"

He shook his head, continuing to hold it up. "I just lost Nya, I'm not loosing anybody else. I'm getting you out of here, for both of yours, and Lloyd's sake... He'd kill me if I let you die."

Sighing, you slowly slid out from underneath. "..Alright."

Jay pulled you to your feet, acting as a human crutch as you hobbled to his vehicle. He put you in the back seat, sitting in the front. "Let's get you to safety."

You leaned back as he zoomed onwards, tensing every time the car bumped or tilted too far. "What- what about the others?"

"Even if we could find them, what difference would it make? We're outnumbered. We need help. Once they come, we can look for the others."

Wincing, you tilted your head. "Who's coming? And how did you even contact them?"

Jay smirked in the mirror, glancing back at you. "Electric pulses through the water. Hopefully Benthomaar can understand the message. I think Merlopians understand Morse code?"

The vehicle jerked to a stop , causing you to be thrown forward. You whimpered glancing back to see your blood drawn on the headrest.

"It's fine." Jay assured you. "Here, you can hide out here while I look for the others." He unlocked the cockpit, handing you a hefty emergency bag, and guiding you towards the sewer grate. "I can't- I don't want you to get more hurt, so just hide down here. I'll find you again once I find everyone else. Don't get any more hurt."

You winced climbing out a vehicle. "Right. I'm not planning on it. Do you have any bottled water?"

He handed it to you, pulling up the grate. "You need to get down-" he glanced up, the stomping of the warriors becoming more apparent. "Go!"

You hurried down, almost tripping on the small rungs of the shiny ladder. Flinching, you watched Jay cover the grate again. And you were put into a pitch black darkness.

Hesitantly placing your foot on the ground, you sighed, crumpling to the floor. In the emergency kit, you found a flare and quickly focused a bunch of oxygen to it, twisting it back and forth.