The New Ninja of Old Fuckers -106-

"How could anyone be moving that much vengestone across the city?" Cole asked, finally figuring out the math.

Zane sighed, typing things on the keyboard. "Not by air. It would be detected by local air traffic control. Underground, perhaps?"

Lloyd shook his head. "Serpentine said they've seen nothing through the unused subway tunnels. They'd know, and they'd tell Wu."

"But it's moving somehow." You groaned, pushing your seat back in frustration. "We must be missing something. Like a clue- or a hint- or a tip!"

Turning his chair, Zane still just sat straight faced. "Those are all the same thing."

Pacing in a circle, Cole rubbed his chin. "Let's go over what we kno-"

"We've been at this for hours! We're just going in circles!" Kai yelled, obviously overwhelmed and bored. Why- why was he barefoot. Who told him he could have his grippers out in the garage?

Lloyd looked over to the slumped figure. "Any ideas Jay?"

He didn't look up, and just continued staring at the half-full glass.

"JAY!" You screamed, getting his attention.

The un-beardified guy looked around. "You don't have to yell. I'm right here."

Cole groaned. "Any ideas on the vengestone? Who the buyer is? How they're moving it? Anything?"

"No."

Alright then. You rolled your eyes, standing up. "Put in more effort, or just stop eating all the food. You can't just sit there and stare at my water cup that I'm not allowed to drink because 'what if it's Nya?!'. Put in more energy."

"What's the point?"

Lloyd scoffed. "Excuse me?"

"You said Nya wouldn't want us to quit. That she'd kick our butts and tell us to get to work. And you're right. But you forgot something. Nya was the glue that held us together. We were only a team when she became a ninja, that's when we became a team. She was the girl who held us together, she was the leader when others failed."

You couldn't bother with this anymore. Taking long strides, you stepped down, and onto the hangar bay. Going to your bike, you started changing the tire. You just couldn't deal with Jay acting so petty.

Lloyd sat behind you, and watched as you propped your bike up. "I get Jay isn't being the best right now, but he's grieving-"

"I understand that. But it doesn't give him the right to act like a prick and talk like she was the only one contributing anything to this team. Jay-.. he said you guys were only a team when she joined.. but I wasn't there. He doesn't want me in the team-.. He- he fucking insulted you! He said 'she was a leader when others failed,' he's talking about you being possessed! How you couldn't lead because you were grieving over me. He's being so hypocritical! Why did he even agree to come if he was going to act like a stupid, lazy sloth-"

Wrapping his arms around your waist, he sighed, pressing his jaw between your shoulder-blades. "I.. I know. He isn't being the best. But we're finally getting the team together. That has to count for something right?"

Turning to watch him, you hesitated, but eventually nodded. "Sorry.. but him arguing and picking fights with everyone isn't getting us anywhere closer to finding a cure. We have no idea how much longer until... and we're wasting it on pointless shit."

"Find a cure for what?" Looking around, Cole was now on the opposite side of your bike. "How much longer until what..? Is everything okay?"

Lloyd laughed, quickly standing up. "Yep! Just peachy! Let's try to deescalate the situation now."