Explainations Through Experience -103-

Walking down the street you groaned, skipping over the cracks. "How much longer until we get home Mama?"

Your mother crouched down, pinching your cheek. "Only a short while. You know this street, Abby lives here."

"I don't think Abby likes me." You muttered, kicking a random rock on the sidewalkless road. "She says her mama forced her to play with me. Is she truth?"

Rolling her eyes, she gave you a pityyonh smile. "Is she telling the truth." Your mother corrected you, "I'm not sure why she wouldn't be lying, but if she doesn't like you then we won't schedule playdates anymore, don't worry. Mama's gonna be on your side. Always."

Grabbing her hand with your 6 year old fingers, you giggled, following behind her. "And I be on your side too!"

Sighing, she grabbed her nosebridge, correcting you again. "And I will be on your side as well. Speak correctly dear."

"Of course Mama!"

"Y/n? Y/n. You okay?"

"Your father must be home by now. If we get there quickly we might catch him."

"Y/n! Y/n, what's wrong?!"

"Y/n!"

Getting sucked out of your thoughts, you realized everyone at the counter was staring at you. Right. You were in the middle of talking about Lloyd and how he was healing. "Sorry. What's going on?"

Misako smiled from across the table, "I had mentioned about allowing Lloyd to slowly go out of the building by himself. Are you okay?"

Nodding, you pressed your lips together. "Yeah, I think it'd be good for him to get out of the house. He's been begging to go on every shopping trip or just wants to sit around Wu's place. He's getting restless here, and I think I'd get bored if I was on Wu house arrest."

The older man sighed, shaking his head. "It isn't house arrest, it's a dangerous and experimental healing process. We need to make sure he's not going to get ill from anything. You never know how-"

KoKo sighed from next to you, "Wu. I get you're scared for him, but I've experienced it too. He's bored. His only source of human interaction has been us 4, and since you or Misako can't come everyday, it's mostly been me and Y/n. He's also a grown man. Why are we having this conversation without him?"

Wu put his head into his hand. "So what do we do if we're waiting for Lloyd, if we're not allowed to talk about him?"

Rising from your seat, you ran over to the kitchen. "Me and Lloyd made Jello last night if you guys wanted some." Pulling the tray out of the fridge, you put it down, handing everyone a spoon.

KoKo and Misako started digging in, while Wu just stared out the window. "I still don't think he should be going out yet.." He mumbled under his breath.

The bathroom door creaked open, revealing a wet haired Lloyd. He looked like a scruffy, wet dog. His shirt clung tight to his body as he looked at the group, seeing the visitors. "Hi Mom!" He smiled, walking over and giving her a big hug. "Hey Wu, what's going on?" He asked, sitting in the stool at the end of the counter next to you.

You sighed, tapping your shoe against his slipper. "Wu is trying to postpone your appointment with the great outdoors. He's worried you'll get sick again or something."

"It's not just that, it's-"

KoKo sighed, putting her spoon down. "Wu. It's just that. You gotta understand he can make decisions on his own."

Placing a hand on your leg, Lloyd frowned. "I think it'd be alright if I went outside. It's not like I really don't do much without anyone else anyways. This may be news to you, but I get lonely very easily."