Escape -95-

Hii! This chapter has drinking (not getting drunk), depression, thoughts of suicide, and small amounts of abuse, and some sexual talk/humourous mentions (about how Y/n's mom secured Mr. Louis moneybags) Please read with caution

Summary of the chapter at the bottom,  Safe Reading :33

----------------------------

Sipping on your drink, you felt the fruity burn run down your throat. With a sigh, you put your head in your hand, staring at Skylar. "My life is a mess."

She fixed her ponytail before sipping on her glass of beer. "I.. I understand what you mean. My life hasn't been the most organized ever since my father got killed. And-! And that's a good thing, I chose to be good. It's just that he always kept my life in check, and I was kinda lost without him guiding me. Maybe that's why I latched onto his old restaurant so much."

"See, you're doing incredible things and the restaurant is doing better than it ever did. I've been apart from the team for less than 2 months and I already don't know if I want to live anymore... Hell, I spent two years in a different realm with nobody else and that felt shorter than now. Maybe- maybe because back then, I- I dunno- thought I knew Lloyd was the one." Wincing, you swallowed more of the cold drink.

Skylar put her hand on top of yours, her eyes pleading with you. "And he is. Everyone is grieving and he's been through a lot of loss, eventually people just need breaks. If someone were to ever look at me the way he looks at you when he thinks no one is watching, I would marry them on the spot."

Yawning, you nodded, a blush creeping up your face. "Thanks. That.. that really helped."

"Anytime." She smiled, her eyes widening. "Wait let me-" she dug around in her pockets, grabbing a scrap of paper and a pen. Scribbling something down, she passed the torn corner. "-here's the therapist I go to. I'm pretty sure Turner and Gravis also talk with her online." She pointed at the bottom. "And here's my number if you ever need it. If you ever need anything like a job or help, just text me." Standing up, she picked her coat off of the stool.

Pursing your lips, you sighed. "So I assume you're heading out?"

With a shrug, she nodded. "Have a business meeting on the island, new product they want me to inspect. I'd invite you to come, but something tells me you wouldn't wanna go back."

"I wouldn't be against it, but yeah. Your inspiring talk actually inspired me. Maybe I should see a therapist. Thanks Skylar." You tugged at your wallet, sorting through coins to pay.

She put her hand up. "It was nice talking to you, I feel like we never did before. And dinner's on me. There are some perks to taking over your father's evil coverup."

Holding your almost empty cup up, you smirked. "To next time?"

"Next time L/n." She laughed back, clinking her glass against yours. Placing her glass down, you watched her red hair swing from side to side as she stepped out the back door.

Gulping the rest of your drink down, you sighed. You'd go back, talk to your mom, and convince her to give you money to go to therapy, and maybe take her along too. Easy enough.

Walking out the backdoor, you glanced around, but Skylar was already gone. Picking your helmet up, you sighed. You got this.

▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭

Holding your face in your hand, you stared at your mom. "Wha... what?"

"What the fuck were you doing out so late." Mother asked, glaring at you.

Feeling your eyes burn, you held your ground. "I went to a restaurant with a friend. I'm an adult. We got drinks at her restaurant."

Holding her nosebridge, you heard her groan. "You think you are an adult? You don't know the first thing about being an adult. Y/n, always being immature."