"...I'm proud of you."

MENTIONS OF RAPE, ED, and PREGNANCY
(December 1st, Friday, 10:28am)
Soda's POV:
I know the sun is all the way up, but Steve's comfort is hitting right and I'm not trying to get up. I'm not fully awake either, which is fine. I'm glad that the past three nights I've finally been able to put my head down and sleep before my mind starts racing.

I feel covers get yanked and little laugh. Probably Pony.

I think there's a whole party of people in here.

"Aw my babies." My mom cooes.

"I think it's funny how Soda tries to ball up on Steve and his short little legs." Johnny giggles.

"Exactly." Mrs. Randle agrees.

Steve yawns and after a few seconds he pulls me up higher so we're eye to eye.

"Hey sexy. What yo name is?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Get out." I shake my head at him with joking disbelief.

"You got a girl, or boy if you like that sorta thing?" He continues.

"I do and he treats me very very well." I offer.

"What if I can treat you weller?" He sits himself up eyes locked on me.

"Oh trust me, You can't treat me any better than my baby." I shake my head at him.

He blushes like he did we were kids, "oh my gosh... I'm your baby?" He pushes me a little and then turns over before turning back.

"Soda are we ever gonna have another baby?" He blinks at me.

"I don't know Steve? Do you want another baby?" I offer.

"What do you want, Pepsi? I want you to be happy, hun." He takes my hand and intertwines our fingers.

"Uhh... maybe not yet. I don't feel like being pregnant right now." I shrug.

"Football's not for a while, but I don't really wanna either. I guess that's our answer. No baby, yet." He decides. "And besides. I don't want my man boobs to come back. I feel like they never left all the way." He squeezes his chest in an upset way.

"Aw, I love your man boobs. You fed both the kids with those when I had to stop at six months. They're amazing." I run a hand through his hair.

He just stares at me, his cheeks rosey, "I don't know what I'd do without you, Soda Curtis." We share a sweet kiss and he looks behind us and makes the most shocked face ever.

"How long have y'all been here?" He smiles.

"Since like five minutes before you woke up." Brantley looks like she's stuck in adore.

I turn around, I had forgotten they were in here.

"Y'all should get up, it's eleven in the morning." Dad claps his hands together.

And not much later after that we get our asses up and ready for the day.

"Gonna eat?" My mom stops me as I'm headed out the door.

"Dammit." I stop in my tracks. I've been caught. I was hoping I could get around breakfast today. Hoping I could get around the guilt.

She gets everyone else ready to go and she tells them we'll be there later. She has to give Steve a small push for him to go, but he does.

She fixes my plate for me. Someone always has since my spill. I haven't picked any of my own food choices, and I feel like a child, but I understand the necessity of this.

She sits it down in front of me, eggs, two pancakes, and two slices bacon. Warmed and she goes to syrup on top of the pancakes.

By instinct I immediately say, "no." And push her back.