30

The square is bustling with activity.

At the beginning of summer, the town always holds such a celebration in the hope of good weather and a good harvest of crops in the fields this year.

The troupe's caravan stopped early in the square, and the city vendors and nearby merchants heard the news, and children flicked around and walked among the vendors and tents, and most adults had plenty of time to relax and play.

The hottest is of course the circus, but that has to wait until the evening. Three or four tents had been erected in the middle of the square, the largest of which belonged to Cirque du Soleil, the vice-capital.

Many children are already impatient, gathering around the tent to get a peek at the clown or magician backstage.

Outsiders are also popular. Their stalls are filled with goods that are hard to find in this small town.

Novelty jewelry and cosmetics attract women's attention ("This is the most popular style in the capital right now!"). The men scoffed at this, and turned their heads and took the money for knives and spirits.

There's one thing that is rare on weekdays.

Sugar.

In the tent in the middle of nowhere, in a crystal clear glass jar, like a small crystal ball of not very good quality, it is packed in translucent packaging bags, colorful.

Every color is a taste, oranges, strawberries, grapes, and some fruits that you have never heard of, but without exception, they are all very sweet and much better than those fruits.

You can pick up a candy for five copper coins, and you can get two cookies with a sweet filling for one silver coin.

The child grabbed the coin in his hand and stood outside the tent in distress and bit his fingers: what to do, do you want to try each one?

"Strawberries? Ah, it's still milk..."The freckled little boy had words in his mouth and a face full of distress, and finally made up his mind, "I want an apple—"

He stood on tiptoe and handed out the copper coin.

Susie stood up, took the coin, opened the glass jar with the green candy, took out one, and handed it to the little boy.

The little boy took the candy and held it in his hand, but she was reluctant to tear open the package, she stood under the counter, hesitantly looked at the glass jar on top of it, and her eyes fell on the jar on the far left, with two red fruit labels.

"Wait, I want to change it." The boy said, "I want to change to that!"

Susie: "Yes.

She followed the little boy's finger and looked at it, her face stiffened slightly: "Hmm... It's a cherry flavor, but it's actually apple-flavored.

The boy was a little stubborn, and he shook his head: "But I think it looks delicious."

Susie: Okay, that's what you think.

She directly changed the candy for the little boy, watched the other party eagerly unpack it, put the candy in his mouth, and then - frowned.

Susie: "... As I said, the apple flavor is delicious.

The child looked like he wanted to cry or not, but he still stubbornly shook his head and put the sugar in his mouth: "No, it's sweet."

It's just not delicious.

Watching the little guest who was a little unhappy leave, Susie couldn't help but laugh again: Eh, it's actually a little cute to look at.

Witnessing the tragedy of the child's overturn, Bach secretly muttered: "So, how can there be such a strange taste of fruit, which should not be used as a snack at all!"