109

"Don't pull the chain without permission!"

In the center of the hall of the Shining Gold Tower stands a striking warning sign.

Warnings of similar content are also hung on the handrails of the spiral staircase, the murderous ones belong to the Silent Tower, the elegant ones belong to the white magicians, and the ones who write a series of precautions are the handwriting of the dossier mage-

However, the magician is such a thing, as if he is born with a temperament to face difficulties, and is always walking on the tightrope between knowledge and death, regardless of faction.

The young astrologer who had just arrived looked away from the warning signs and landed on the chain of gems that hung above the handrail of the spiral staircase. In the light of the magic lamp, each string of gems is crystal clear and brilliant, stardust sand, dragon's blood jade, sunshine diamonds... There are also many species that are difficult to identify, and if a gemologist or mineralogist were here, they might faint with excitement.

The astrologer's gaze wandered over the chains of gemstones: although it was the birthstone, the red crystal was too ordinary, and the Ye Jinshi did not fit his temperament, well, wait, what was that-

The magician's assistant who led the way glanced at him, unsurprised, and just silently took a few steps back away from the steps.

When the astrologer finally picked his favorite gemstone, he reached out without hesitation, grabbed the bead chain, and pulled it down.

"Click".

"Kela", "Kela".

The tall spiral staircase hummed and whispered, and some of the steps gradually dismantled in the tremor, they flipped and moved, and spliced, but in a few breaths, they were restored again, but the astrologer was no longer visible on the steps.

"Another one." The mage's assistant shrugged his shoulders and walked towards the guidance desk, handing back the list in his hand, "This is the sixth one today, right?"

"The seventh." His colleague said, "There was one in the Settie just now."

As soon as the words fell, I only heard a familiar sound from the direction of the north ladder, and I didn't even need to look back: "Well, the eighth."

He glanced at the list in his hand: "It's astrologers again, there are so many astrologers recently."

The Shining Gold Tower was reopened in a very short time.

However, the rooms and spaces that originally existed in the tower were not reused, not out of respect for the past or reverence for the past or anything - magicians are inherently awe-inspiring people, believing that the inheritance of knowledge is true respect, that the bequest of those who came before them is the wealth of those who came after them, and that the living part of the world is convinced of this, no matter what the dead think: what else are those strange lockpicks for? You see, when you're going to explore a ruin, or dig a grave, you have to take a magician with you.

However, as we all know, deciphering the code of a mage's tower is never easy.

The tower is so old that you can only see how many people have stopped here from the thousands of hanging gem chains, each of which points in a new direction, and the result of pulling one is different from dragging two.

If it weren't for the fact that there were no longer restrictions in the reborn Shining Tower, Susie had no doubt that more than half of the magicians would have been killed or injured on the first day.

In fact, in the beginning, she spent a lot of her day picking up magicians who had been thrown into laboratories, stacks, nurseries, and endless corridors.