B~ Birthday

It was July 9th. The fowl time of year that Barty never looked forward to. He did, of course, when he was little, but now the magic of the day was long gone.

He felt as though it was a constant reminder of his father's neglect and the pressure his mother received to look after him. The thought of his mother struggling to keep up with him throughout his life was upsetting for him, in a way. She always tried her best to make him laugh, to make him smile, to simply make him happy. He loved her to bits for it.

Every year, he had been left the same card by his father. It had the same boring picture on the front– a picture of Big Ben, and the same repetitive message inside saying a simple 'Happy Birthday.'' His father never gave it to him directly, either. He ordered their house elf, Winky, to give it to him.

Barty sat up drowsily in his bed and looked around. Evan and Regulus were nowhere to be seen. He shrugged and all back down. He gazed up at the canopy of his bed, lost in thought. His eyes started to droop and slowly, he fell back into a soft slumber.

His nap didn't last for long as he was woken up abruptly, being poked I the chest and arms with enchanted paper planes. He picked one of the many pieces of paper off his bed and read it. It read;

"Joyeux anniversaire, mon amour."

God, he hated when Evan did this. He knew Barty couldn't speak French for the life of him. He had picked up a few pieces here and there by listening to Evan and Regulus speak, so the only words he could make out were 'my love.'
A miniature smile appeared on his face. He and Evan loved to give each other nicknames.

Another piece of paper flew in through the door and landed neatly on the bed. Barty could hear a whispered "Yes!" coming from outside the door. He chuckled.

"Finally gotten the hang of the spell, I see?" He said, loud enough for Evan to hear from outside the door. His response was silence. Barty then picked up the piece of paper.

"ton sourire est si spécial pour moi."

Barty snorted, his cheeks a rosy pink. He dropped the paper onto his lap and rubbed his eyes. He spoke;

"Merlin, you're so lovey, Rosie. I don't know what that last letter meant, but I assume it was something cheesy." He joked. Once again, he was met with silence.

Barry leaned to his beside locker and pulled out his trusty English-to-French dictionary he had bought for this exact purpose. He flicked through it, gradually finding words to use. He then grabbed a piece of slightly crumpled paper. He got his quill and started to write. He then folded it into a tidy aeroplane and did the incantation. The paper flew quickly out of the room. He could hear Evan open the paper. The paper read;

"Ne te cache pas dans le couloir, ma chérie. entre et parle-moi."

Suddenly, Evan peeked his blonde head around the doorframe. He glanced at Barty who smiled at him kindly. Evan grinned back at him, in a way that made Barty's heart melt every time he saw it.
The boy practically bounced into the room and dived onto Barty's bed.

Barty stole a quick kiss as Evan was trying to settle down beside him, which made the other boy jump on surprise.
They both lay on their backs, side by side.

Evan turned to face his boyfriend.

"So," He said, a mix of curiosity and mischief in his voice. "How was your birthday this year? Did I chamge your mind on it yet?"

"Mhm, it was definitely an odd yet romantic gesture, I'll give you that."
Barty replied, reaching out for Evans hand. Evan took it.

"What can I say, I'm a surprise all the time!"

Barty leaned over further. "Sure you are."

Barty was about to lean in for another kiss when Evan suddenly jumped up, headbutting him.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! Anyway, I've got a present."

Barty eyed him for any glimpse of what it could be. "Don't tell me it's that bikini Reg suggested you should buy me."

Evan let out a breathy chuckle. He raised in hands to the sides of his face in exaggerated shock."Oh my god! How did you guess? I forgot to ask you the fitting, so let's hope the B- Cup fits you alright– No! Of course, I didn't get you a bikini. Though I won't complain if someone does get you one. No, I got you–"

"A book?" "No, silly. It's a photo album of me and you. I think there's a few with Dora in them from when she was photo bombing."

". . ." Barty was silent, he didn't know what to say at all. He looked down at the letters on his lap.

"It's okay if you don't like it–" "Are you kidding? I love it! It's beautiful."

Barty grabbed the letters from his lap and folded them neatly. He then placed them inside the scrapbook.

Both boys smiled at eachorher and leaned in for a loving kiss.

[879 words]
[I apologise if the French is wrong. I don't speak or study French so if I made a mistake could you pls kindly tell me and I will fix it.]