O~ One of a kind

⚠️ Warning ⚠️ Offensive words

~Barty~

Another boring day. Well, boring was an understatement. Professor Dumbledore had issued a warning that all students must stay inside this weekend. This meant no hanging out in the courtyards, no walks around the grounds and no trip to Hogsmeade. Who knew Scotland could get such bad storms.

I sat in the grandhall with Evan, my boyfriend. We sat on the long bench of the Slytherin table, my legs draped across his lap as he read extracts from the Daily Profit. If there was one thing Evan was good at, it was making light of serious situations, such as the attack of a Muggle village that happened this week.

As he spoke, a group of girls caught my eye. They were sitting at the far end of the Slytherin table, despite none of them being apart of our house. They appeared to be being told off by our prefect Narcissa, the cousin of my best friend. They didn't seem to care though as they remained seated. Eventually, Narcissa lost her patience and left.

I laughed, gaining the attention of the beautiful boy beside me.

"What's so funny?" He asked me, looking down at me with his cool blue eyes.
I tilted my head towards the girls.

"Those lot." I said, turning my head towards them again. That's when I noticed one of the girls approaching. I quickly took in her appearance. She had long black hair and was quite tall. She looked like a female version of Snape. 'God she'll be easy to turn down.' I thought to myself.

She stopped infront of us and batted her obnoxiously large eyelashes.

"Got a minute, sweetie?" She asked, her voice laced with a sickening sweetness. I couldn't tell where or who she was looking at.

"Sorry." I said, rubbing the tips of my fingers together, distractedly. "I'm not interested."

The girl rolled her eyes. "I wasn't talking to you." She snapped. Her tone was impatient and hostile even, but it quickly turned back to sweet as she returned her gaze to Evan. "I was talking to him."

Evan looked up at her, uncomfortably, and so did I. He let the newspaper down on the table gently.

"I beg your pardon?" Evan asked, leaning forward on his seat. That was Evan's posh way of saying 'The fuck did you just say?'

She rested her hands on her thighs and leaned forward. "I just wanted to know if I could speak with you for a moment?"

Evan stiffened a bit, but still, he remained polite. "About what, may I ask?"

"I just have some questions about the History homework." She cooed, sitting up on table between me and Evan. I glared daggers at her, but she just raised her hand to my face dismissively.

'What a bitch.' I thought to myself. I would have happily said it aloud, however I did not want Evan to get pissed with me, so I kept my mouth shut. Instead, I looked to Evan, wondering what he'd do.

"Oh, alright then." He said, gently moving my legs from his lap as he stood up. "I'll be back in a minute, okay?"

I couldn't believe he was falling for her bullshit. "Yeah, sure, whatever." I replied, forgetting to hide the bitterness in my tone.
Evan looked at me with confusion but walked away with the girl, who gave me a smirk as she sashayed away behind my boyfriend.

Moments passed, what felt like hours. 'Back in a minute my arse.' I thought, letting my anger and jealousy get the better of me. I knew I shouldn't be acting like this, I trusted Evan after all, but I still wasn't sure about that girl.

Eventually, that beautiful blonde boy reappeared before me. I was happy to see him. My mood changed when I saw the girl walking behind him to our table again.

Evan sat down again and placed his hand on mine. His hands were cold in comparison to my own. The girl stood in front of us again, twirling her hair around her fingers.

"Soo~" She drew, leaning an uncomfortable amount closer to Evan. "Have you thought about it?" She slithered her hand over Evan's.

My mind began to race with thoughts, but mostly with anger. Whoever this shit-eating whore was, she was about to suffer a punch to the face.

"About?" I snapped, causing her to startle, as if she had forgotten I was there.

"Our date. Not that it's any of your business." She snapped back, looking at me like Voldemort would at a Muggleborn. I dug my nails into my knee, attempting to hold back my outburst.

"Well, he's NOT interested." I rebutted, forcing a smile onto my face, a smile that Evan said made me look insane.

"Can't he speak for himself?" She rolled her eyes, and placed her free hand on her hip. How badly I wanted to break it. She looked back at Evan. "I want to hear it from you. Not this bitchy spaz."

"I'm not interested..." Evan said, his voice barely audible. He looked extremely uncomfortable. I felt pity for him.

The girl straightened, her hair bouncing off her shoulders. "How about one of my friends then?" She asked, pointing to her herd of bimbos.

I licked my lips, which was something I seemed to do a lot when I was annoyed, or panicked. When we had first met, Pandora said I looked like a snake, fitting for being a Slytherin.

"No. I mean‐" Evan muttered, slowly trying to release his hand from tight grip. "I'm not interested in any of you."

She squeezed his hand tightly, her talon-like nails digging into his tanned skin. "Why not?" She asked, her voice demanding.

"None of you are really my... type."

Evan was so quiet. I knew he was scared about his father finding out, how it might ruin their family name. I wanted to help him.

I placed my hand on his shoulder, and slid myself onto his lap. Without hesitation, I kissed him and he kissed back. I locked my arms around his neck. When we broke apart, I turned to face the disgusted girl.

"I think you know the answer now?" I asked, mimicking the sweet tone she had used earlier. I smiled before letting my face return to anger. "Now fuck off."

She scoffed, brushing her hair out of her face. She returned to her friends. She must have said something, as they all moved to the Ravenclaw table.

I smirked, before turning my attention back to my boyfriend.

"You okay?" I asked, rubbing circles on his shoulders gently. His hands held onto my hips and his forehead was pressed against mine.

"Yeah, that was- that was just really uncomfortable for me. Can I tell you something?" He asked, his voice dying down again.

"Sure!"

"She tried to make a move on me, when she brought me out of the hall." His voice was full of remorse. "Please don't be mad."

I looked at him with worry. "I would never be mad about that. I trust you." I placed a kiss on his nose. "Now, I think we should go. After all this drama, I think you could do with a lie down."

Evan smiled weakly. "Yeah, sounds good. Can you get off me?"

I chuckled. "Nope. I want that bitch to know that I was serious."

Evan rolled his eyes. "You're so jealous."
But still, he got up, my legs wrapped around his waist and my arms around his neck.

We walked passed the group of girls, who glared at us with disdain. I stuck up the finger at them. I locked eyes with the Balck haired girl and drew my finger across my throat, in the form of a threat. She didn't seem to believe me, but I was being dead serious. If she ever did that again, Filch would be wiping her blood up with a mop.

Word count: 1325